1st Meeting TU Midi Pyrenees

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Forum Archive Traction Owners Club Forum Events 1st Meeting TU Midi Pyrenees

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Had a great “auto” weekend. Drove my little 4L to Damazan, about 200 km from us through the rural roads of France. There was the first Bourse d’change of the year and it was excellent. This Bourse (auto jumble) spreads right across the town. There are stalls are in every little square, street and public building. Nice turn out of young timers and it must have been the renault club meet as there were plenty of race ready renault 5s with big engines and body kits.

Picked up a stack of Traction parts, mainly from Chez Renel and saved a fortune on shipping, plus he through a bunch of stuff in (gaskets, seals, screws etc). I picked up my silencer and tail pipe so that was a bonus. I even found the two pieces of Robri I need, two individual parts on different stalls, happened to be the right side and front and rear. €5 a piece 🙂

Then it was a 150Km drive to Toulouse and a good evening at a restaurant and cinema (staying over at my son’s apartment).

Then today was the 1st Meeting of the Traction Universelle for the Midi Pyrenees. Good turnout of about 20, 4 tractions and a DS and of course our little 4L. Great contacts made and there is a small mechanical get together at our place the morning before the Tarbes Bourse on the 25th April. I am lending out my tools to another guy who is off the road due to not have the right tool and the meal and chat was great. Next time I will drive to the meeting in my own Traction 🙂 Next meeting is at Paris Retro Mobile in February – at least this time we will know some people to talk to 🙂

[attachment=2:1dlfu85i]IMG_1627.jpg[/attachment:1dlfu85i]
      [attachment=1:1dlfu85i]IMG_1628.jpeg[/attachment:1dlfu85i]
      [attachment=2:1dlfu85i]IMG_1627.jpg[/attachment:1dlfu85i]

Anonymous

OK then, sicken us off, what was the temperature under that lovely sunny blue sky……

Anonymous

The Midi Pyrenees section of the Traction Universelle is becoming a lot more active now Gilbert VEDERE has taken over the reins. So if there are any Midi Pyrenees TOC members out there who want to join in the local jaunts get in touch.

Only a small group this time but we met up at Montrejeau (10km from my place) and headed out to a Monastery in Nestier – I was lead car as I was local so at least having the smallest and slowest at the front kept the speed down 😀 Then a quick 5 min walk (it was trying to rain) to look at the 11 chapels and straight into the Auberge for lunch. Fantastic lunch too, will be using that place again for our own clients. then another drive to St Bertrand de Comminges to have a look around the cathedral (bit of a busman’s holiday for me as we tend to take our guests there as it is less then 3 km from home). Coffee and then home (except for me, I went to fellow tractioniste to use the 6 volt 2CV to jump his 1948 legére and I got to drive my 2nd Traction as we pottered around the lanes to get his battery up to charge).

[attachment=2:h68m99xk]IMG_1781.jpeg[/attachment:h68m99xk]

[attachment=1:h68m99xk]IMG_1787_2.jpeg[/attachment:h68m99xk]

[attachment=0:h68m99xk]IMG_1786_2.jpeg[/attachment:h68m99xk]

Anonymous

The 11 Commercial was great. It was a 1940 imported from Germany. Pretty beat up but under the flaking black paint you could see the original green from the German army. Love this kind of history.

[attachment=1:31umoq0b]IMG_1784_2.jpeg[/attachment:31umoq0b]

[attachment=0:31umoq0b]IMG_1789_2.jpeg[/attachment:31umoq0b]

Anonymous

Any idea what that split tailgate Commerciale’ cost to acquire?

Anonymous

It would not have been a lot as quite a lot of the discussion at lunch was about the over pricing of Tractions etc. These guys were hands on with theirs and can’t believe they paid a lot.

Inside was fantastic – red leather.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • The forum ‘Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.