a fine roadster!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

This one was for sale, but I am told that it was bought. In France, the buyer is one Davy Gouineau, if anyone knows him. I wonder what he paid?

Anonymous

It could be that what he actually bought were the chassis and coque plates. It could mean a restoration or ?????

Anonymous

Lawn art, I’d say. Have to move it in several wheelbarrow loads. Here’s some more photos:

Le mien est quand meme bien plus beau smile

http://i21.servimg.com/u/f21/11/24/32/03/img_7714.jpg

http://i21.servimg.com/u/f21/11/24/32/03/img_7715.jpg

http://i21.servimg.com/u/f21/11/24/32/03/img_7716.jpg

Anonymous

So as the grass is short someone has actually placed the bits there to take the pictures and I wonder where it was actually ‘found’

Now if it was ‘restored’ would the DVLA give it a ‘Historic’ registration as so much would obviously not be ‘original’?

Anonymous

@OSL282 wrote:

So as the grass is short someone has actually placed the bits there to take the pictures and I wonder where it was actually ‘found’

Now if it was ‘restored’ would the DVLA give it a ‘Historic’ registration as so much would obviously not be ‘original’?

Maybe not a registration, but a bloody medal for the money it would take 🙂

Anonymous

A medal? I’d say an insane asylum!

Anonymous

As I alluded to earlier the plates may find their way onto a conversion to be passed off as an original. The Conservatoire only needs to know the chassis and coque numbers to give a full certificate.

Anonymous

I imagine you’re right Den. That happens with American muscle cars quite a lot. If the chassis plate says: Camaro SS 396 with a four-speed and the car started out as a Camaro with a 350 and automatic, then it’s a Camaro SS 396 with a four-speed and it’s valued accordingly. I know that in the U.K. you can buy a body shell for your rusted MGB (for example,) transfer all the parts and as far as legality is concerned, it’s the same car. Even though it’s not.

Anonymous

Fitting all the mechanicals to a new body shell does not always mean the DVLA will let you keep the original status. Most people that report the body swap find themselves with a whole load of paperwork. That may be the reason many people keep quiet……………..

Anonymous

The DVLA are tightening up. Some rebuilt cars are not being allowed into ‘historic’ class if to much has changed.

Anonymous

They DVLA is not tightening up yet Dave, it is being considered. The cars that the DVLA currently have problems with are some replica Bugattis which were accepted some years ago by the DVLA as not requiring Q plates. They are now seemingly changing their minds on those. This will drastically affect the value of those cars.

Regarding the subject of this topic, the French Cabriolet, in some European countries all that is required is a Certificate of Authenticity or a Certificate from a respected body. These respected bodies do not have to be an Owners Club but can just be a company that has been set up to appraise vehicles and then give a certificate of value for insurance purposes. That vehicle will then be given Historic status by the relevant government department.

Anonymous

Den, the DVLA rep for our local Classic Club is already encountering difficulties with the DVLA to the point that one owner ended up scrapping the car he was going to use as a donor.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • The forum ‘For Sale/Swap Shop’ is closed to new topics and replies.