A small boot Light 15 in thr USA

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      Anonymous

I see it’s a very rare RWD model.

Anonymous

Mileage is high too, at 999,999

Anonymous

……….

Anonymous

I was able to blowup the image, the 3rd digit is a 7, for sure. Being from South Africa I would think it would have less rust than that. It’s likely been in the USA for some time, but winters are normally very mild in South Carolina, so why would it rust like that? It’s a project but not the worst I’ve ever seen. That front bumper is awful!And that’s the most Buick Reattas I’ve ever seen in one place.

Anonymous

………..

Anonymous

Den, I sent you a link to a blown-up photo. Could it be a “Z?” Not trying to argue, but that 3rd digit goes straight across its top, then angles down to the left. Not curved. What year is it, I wonder?

Anonymous

……..

Anonymous

Hadn’t thought about a flat-topped “3” It does like it’s been fiddled with. I just looked at the chassis plate from a scrapped car that I have in a display case, it’s 137060, with the same type of numeral.

Anonymous

………

Anonymous

Don’t you mean Big 15? It came with my 54 Light 15 ten years ago and the people I got it from imported a 48 and the 54 from South Africa when they returned to Canada in the 1980s. Included with the two cars was a bunch of parts that came from a car they had scrapped, I assume the plate came from that car and I naturally assumed it was a Light 15 as well.
                          The guy saved everything, even a brake drum with a chunk missing out of it. That I didn’t bother taking home. Lower control arms, brake backing plates, all kinds of things I had no use for and most of it went for scrap as I couldn’t spare the room for it. The 48 light 15 was in nice shape, me and a friend put in a clutch, new brakes and other items, the owners kept it for a while and then sold it on to someone in Edmonton, Alberta. That one had the heavy chrome South African bumper over-rider bar in the front and not one speck of rust.

Anonymous

……………….

Anonymous

……………

Anonymous

And why the riveted on bit?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • The forum ‘For Sale/Swap Shop’ is closed to new topics and replies.