Adjusting Accelerator

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

……….

Anonymous

Den,
        No one else has reported this problem…..

Anonymous

That may be Mick but you know that I also do not get advised of all new posts or topics and you have assured me before that I am set up correctly. All I know is that the post was there last night and should have been before todays post when trippyrenees said that he had fixed the problem in exactly the way that my post suggested.

Anonymous

I was on a ferry last night and drove though the night from Dieppe to home (9 hours). 😯

Did not see any posts concerning this topic. Hence my little reminders. πŸ˜‰

Fixed myself this morning after 2 hours sleep…..and posted results. πŸ˜€ I have to take the credit for something πŸ˜†

Off for its longest drive yet tomorrow – a whole 50 km to the Tarbes Bourse d’Exchange where the TU are putting on a small exhibition.

Anonymous

Sorry I wasn’t suggesting that you had something to do with it disappearing. When I said last night I actually meant last evening. But there is something wrong with this forum – I have also saved posts as drafts a few times and they are not there in drafts when I come to complete them. Also there must be a keysroke that deletes a post before it is submitted because that has also happened to me on a few occasions. I can be in the middle of typing a long post like this one when suddenly all the text disappears. I must admit I do not know why we didn’t take over the Traction Avant Forum Circle. In my opinion it is much better.

Anonymous

Speaking of Traction brakes, I have never had a problem with them. They don’t fade like in my old 1959 Mercedes 220S with power brakes. Two applications of brakes on a steep downgrade, then the pedal went to the floor! Later on they worked OK but damn, that was scary. Traction brakes don’t do that. I thought of installing a servo (I am told that the unit from a 1955-57 Ford Thunderbird will fit perfectly and they are available new) but, I had a couple more beers and said to hell with it. πŸ˜‰

Anonymous

My brakes stop me really well (specially now I fixed the leaking slave cylinder)

But I need to get all the air out – I have to give two pumps and it is as hard as hard and stops me a straight line perfectly.

Tried the easy bleed kit with the pressure from your tire but I think it must be done the old fashioned way with wife pumping brake pedal…. πŸ˜€

Anonymous

@Den Hewitt wrote:

……. I do not know why we didn’t take over the Traction Avant Forum Circle. In my opinion it is much better.

Den,
                    A I understand it the “Traction Avant Forum Circle” was merely a “circular” link between websites which allowed you to see sites that had subscribed because they had information on the TA.

Please correct me if this is not the case….

Anonymous

As I mentioned in my earlier post, no one else has reported the problem on this forum.

As to where it is a problem with the PHPBB forum engine see: https://www.phpbb.com/support/forums/

We are currently using PHPBB version 3.0.12

Anonymous

………

Anonymous

Den,

It’s owned by Nick Greene, however he fails to respond to all contact requests.

Nick used to/might still, contribute to the “Citroenien”, however all attempts I made to contact him were unsuccessful.

I notice that it uses the PHPBB forum engine also……

Anonymous

@tripyrenees wrote:

Today, it rocketed up past 90 kph and at full throttle it reached and levelled at 120 kph. I had a couple of passes and 120 kph was the limit (maybe 122 kph but the dial may be a little fuzzy). W ill need to compare to a GPS but the relative speed has increased by 30% (just as I joked). The acceleration is much better up hills now as the accelerator pump is coming into play on the carb where before it didn’t

It will be interesting to see the comparison between indicated and GPS-measured speeds. My speedo is pretty optimistic at low speeds and gets less inaccurate with increasing speed. At 100 km/h (actual) the speedo indicates ~110 km/h. I know the manual indicates max speed of 72 mph (~115 km/h), but given how loud things get at 100 km/h I wouldn’t really want to push that limit). It seems happiest cruising at around 90 km/h.

Anyone know offhand engine RPM at 72 mph for stock gearing and tires?

Anonymous

Probably around the max it’s supposed to get of 3,800 rpm

The only place I have seen any gear ratios/tyre size comparison to base it on is in Daniel Elberli’s book, ‘Citroen Traction Avant 11 and 15CV for beginners’ which indicates for an 11 Bl or 11B depending on tyre size either 109 kph or 105 kph at 3,800 rpm

I’m not at liberty to post further extracts from a copyright book though.

Familiale and Commerciale’s used a different Differential gear ratio so are slower.

For the 1st time Traction owner, the book does cover all the basics you should need

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
                            • The forum ‘Help Wanted’ is closed to new topics and replies.