Adjusting Crankshaft Fore & Aft

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Forum Archive Traction Owners Club Forum Help Wanted Adjusting Crankshaft Fore & Aft

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Just putting in my crankshaft and following the workshop manual. But my drawings are very small and a bit dark.

Can someone run through the procedure in simple terms for me 😀

How I read it is;
      1. Place in the crankshaft and fix in to the crankcase (after the previous procedures) tighten down.
      2. Place on the adjusting washer, the thrust washer and the timing wheel (no key) and tighten the end nut.
      3. Push the crankshaft toward the timing case.
      4. Measure clearance between thrust washer and bearing – should be between 0.1 to 0.15mm.

If it doesn’t then obtain the correct adjusting washer.

Is that about it.

Few other questions – where are the oil baffle halves? and also the oil circulation jet…. I am assuming if I haven’t touched them then leave them 😯

Anonymous

The oil baffle halves are on the forward end of the block and main bearing cap. Three small bolts hold them to their respective mounts and there are two small bolts to hold the halves to each other. This covers the splined oil slinger on the crank shaft. On both of my cars, ( ID-19 blocks and cranks) there is no other seal at this area. The oil jet is the small pipe with a lock nut that oils the timing chain. the outlet should point directly to the chain.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The forum ‘Help Wanted’ is closed to new topics and replies.