Brake bleeding

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Just a quick question from a Traction novice:
      In what order should one bleed the brakes 😕

Anonymous

The best bit of kit you could buy is an easybleed kit that pressurises the brake fluid and pushes any air out of each bleed nipple. Means you can do it yourself too, without having to pump the brake pedal.

Order is rear right, rear left, front right and then front left. So furthest from the master cylinder first working back to the master cylinder.

Ian

Anonymous

Thanks Ian
          Have a Multivac pump to do the bleeding so this should make it a bit easier
          I was interested in your tussle with the crank shaft end seal. Did you seat the seal in the carrier with the jig shown in the manual on page 15a? Also did you pre soak the seal in oil if so how did you seal it into the carrier
          Grahame

Anonymous

That seal was my downfall – I tried to squeeze the graphite seal into the baffles BUT my 2 baffles were the later model i.e. an 11D motor (my engine is a mixture from the factory). So I cracked the baffles.

Took me a while but I found one in Finland from a DS so have used those. And this model of baffle does not use the seal. It basically spins the oil out and back into the sump (in theory and it is working at the moment with no oil leaks).

So I am afraid I can’t help on this one.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘Help Wanted’ is closed to new topics and replies.