Brake lines

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Front brake overhaul is complete, with the slave cylinders relined. New flexi hoses. Need to replace the copper? lines.
      The internet would suggest Kunifer is the way forward.
      Anyone out there with any experience of Kunifer? What do you think is best/suitable?
      thanks in advance. Norman
      PS John Gillard is coming up on Saturday with the new driveshafts and overhauled cradle. Much excitement, as it will be back ‘on it’s feet’.

Anonymous

Kunifer is ok but much harder to bend in shape. The club do a great set of brake pipes.

Anonymous

I watch the new Wheeler Dealers last night and they did a Volvo M544 or something like that. A very nice car.

Anyway, they needed to upgrade the brakes and instead of ruining the authenticity of the car and going to discs, Mr Edd just relined the shoes using Kevlar bio linings. Supposedly the stopping coefficient rose from 0.2 to 0.43. And they seemed to stop very well. Downside is that they wear out sooner (not too much of a problem with the amount of miles these cars do).

Anybody used the Kevlar linings and if so, where did you get them from. I am searching to upgrade some front linings (for my 4CV) – I am already increasing to larger drums up front but would be interested in more braking is I can get it. And if it works then would think about the Traction too.

Cheers
          Ian

Anonymous

@bazessex wrote:

Kunifer is ok but much harder to bend in shape. The club do a great set of brake pipes.

Hi Baz, thanks for the advice. So just order the pipes from Chris? Surely they can’t be pre bent?

Anonymous

@NormanAnderson wrote:

@bazessex wrote:

Hi Baz, thanks for the advice. So just order the pipes from Chris? Surely they can’t be pre bent?

Not pre bent but very accurate on length. If you want I can let you have the use of a small bore pipe bender that helps with the tighter bends. Remember to order the copper washers too.

Anonymous

@NormanAnderson wrote:

@bazessex wrote:

I might try looking into this material and let you know what I find out. It should be fairly easy to get some made up and then just rivet them on.

Anonymous

@bazessex wrote:

Not pre bent but very accurate on length. If you want I can let you have the use of a small bore pipe bender that helps with the tighter bends. Remember to order the copper washers too.

Have a tool that will do the flaring, but would appreciate your bending tool as they are a good £20+ on fleaBay, and I’ll only use it once.
                  Don’t realise there was any riveting that has to be done?

Anonymous

@NormanAnderson wrote:

@bazessex wrote:

Have a tool that will do the flaring, but would appreciate your bending tool as they are a good £20+ on fleaBay, and I’ll only use it once.
                    Don’t realise there was any riveting that has to be done?

Sorry crossed conversations. Replacing brake pipes does not involve rivets but fitting new lining material to the shoes would. The pipes come pre flared so another job saved. My e mail is bazb198@googlemail.com send me your address and I will put the pipe bender in the post.

Anonymous

Talking about linings – anyone know anything about the kevlar lining material. ❓

Anonymous

@tripyrenees wrote:

Talking about linings – anyone know anything about the kevlar lining material. ❓

Asked a friend in the trade and he is going to find out the facts on it.

Anonymous

Thanks- I have my 4 shoes ready to go.

Got my Traction out today as leclerc (Justin) is coming over from the UK to have a look at a local car. So will have a road trip to a Bourse d’Echange in Trie sur baise on Sunday.

I forgot how much I like driving it 🙂

Anonymous

I just want to drive mine now. Really struggling to get it back on the road as work has been far busier than normal.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • The forum ‘Help Wanted’ is closed to new topics and replies.