carburettor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi all. I have a modern repro solex 32 carburettor but it is missing the gauze mesh internal fuel filter. Can anyone help? – one out of a damaged/otherwise not useable carburettor or a “scrap” carb would be ideal. It sits inside the large bolt just under the fuel inlet pipe.
      Eric Pennington
      See comment below – I have an inline filter – thanks for thoughts thus far, any more ideas.

Anonymous

Why not just use an in line filter? Before the fuel pump, preferably.

Anonymous

The In-line filters that I supply have a finer “mesh” than the brass ones and are replaceable – think of the “Gunk” that has built up in a 55 year old fuel tank and rubber pipe system.

My advice is to change every time they look full of detritus.

See: http://traction-owners.co.uk/images/classifieds/CIMG1231.jpg

More information at the bottom this page:
          http://traction-owners.co.uk/ads.shtml

Anonymous

I have an inline filter. since I lost it (don’t ask!) I seem to be getting worse MPG and the carb has flooded after I stop the car, dripping petrol for a few minutes onto the plate above the manifold. I suspect the internal fuel filter was restricting the flow of petrol from the inlet pipe. I took my original carb off as it leaked after I stopped from the butterfly spindle (but not while running).

Anonymous

I would not think a gauze filter would do anything if you have a inline filter as they are designed to remove really small particles which would pass through a gauze filter. I would check the float is not fouling on the sides of the chamber. I would also check the valve is not sticking.

Anonymous

…or…check the float does not have a hole in it and full of petrol?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • The forum ‘Help Wanted’ is closed to new topics and replies.