Core Plug Removal

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I am trying to remove the core plugs on my perfo head, specifically the 25mm plug that guards the end of the cooling tube.

I searched on you tube to see how it is done but most videos are on US cars that have massive core plugs and they give a quick tap on the bottom to swivel them out and use pincers to remove them.

I have just tried the same but belting the hell out of it and no movement at all. I tried another one on the front of the head, same thing.

So how do you remove the core plugs without destroying the head?

I am order replacements
      451504 core plug 30mm
      451505 core plug 25mm

Thanks

Ian

Anonymous

I have got the ones I need to get out but it took a lot of brutal force, heat, hacksaw blade and some broken screwdrivers.

So if anyone has the right way to do it let me know, for next time.

Ian

Anonymous

Generally, you can hammer a long punch or awl into the plug and then pry it out. The one at the rear of the head, you can knock it out from the front if the tube has rotted away enough to get a long dowel or other long drift to reach that far. If you have the head off anyway for service, any good valve shop can take care of it for you.

Anonymous

All done now, in the end I had to take 4 of the plugs out but it was not easy.

I removed the coolant tubes…. well the pieces of the tube anyway.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘Help Wanted’ is closed to new topics and replies.