Electric Fans

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I am looking at putting in an electric fan on the front of the radiator.

Will this conflict with the original mechanical fan – i.e. does the original fan suck or blow (never having mine actually work yet) and would putting on an additional fan which I presume will blow air onto the front of the radiator mess up the air flow, cooling dynamics of the system.

If anyone has done this can they post a photo of the fitting and also where they install the thermostat.

Thank you

Ian

Anonymous

The original must suck air otherwise air would net get through the radiator.

In answer to where to fit the thermostat I have fitted a Kenlowe 2 speed electric fan to my Cabriolet. They make both 6 volt and 12 volt versions. The sensor fits inside the top hose, between the hose and the radiator inlet. They do come with a manual override and I fitted one myself because I only have the electric fan.

The rest of the controls and relays I have fitted in the jambonneau. See photos attached.

Anonymous

So the thermostat is tiny then. I have seen the lager units where you cut the top hose and place in the T adapter.

Do you also have a temperature gauge in the car – I am looking at fitting this too but did not want a mass of probes hanging out my hose 😉

Anonymous

The electric fan is if course a blower fan as it is mounted on the front of the radiator. I have an analogue temperature gauge. I did not like the 70’s style rocker switch supplied for the 2nd speed so bought one of their 24 volt round rocker switches which I think looks better.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘Help Wanted’ is closed to new topics and replies.