Electronic Ignition

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Yes it’s marked for ‘Perfo’

It’s run fine for 2 years and 9k+ kms

Local auto electrician may have 30 mins to test everything later today to confirm my suspicions on the distributor so will let you know.

Anonymous

OK we have an answer and a ‘Top Tip’ from my friendly auto electrician.

With a multimeter set to volts, connect red on the meter to red on the coil and black on the meter to black on the coil, crank the engine with ignition on.

As the rotor arm goes around you should get a ‘pulse’ on the multimeter, no pulse = dead distributor and guess what, yes it was dead.

Swapped it for James’s 123 distributor and now it fires up. Just need to do some fine adjustment with a strobe light and we should be good to go.

Anonymous

Just another thought if your changing distributors. Mine was very loose (everyone says they all are) and wobbled about a bit in the block.

However, there is an upgraded ‘Distributor Housing’ aka the ‘sleeve’ that sits into the block which the distributor fits into available from TOC parts, which has an internal and an external ‘O’ ring so when fitted, the distributor is a far more ‘snug’ fit with minimal ‘wobble’

Part number is D48E @ £15.89 and well worth fitting.

Ended up ‘feeling’ for the correct alignment on the timing by hand, by listening to the engine, rather than via a strobe light as my white markings weren’t very good 😆

Anonymous

………

Anonymous

That will be even better than the club one as it could do with 2, rather than 1 on the outside as a minimum.

Knowing Roger though, that is likely to have cost more than the Club one, though I now have a spare which could be adapted like yours Den

Anonymous

…………

Anonymous

………….

Anonymous

@Den Hewitt wrote:

Does the club one have 2 on the inside?

No, just one inside and 1 outside Den which almost eliminate all the wobble, but not quite.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • The forum ‘Help Wanted’ is closed to new topics and replies.