Front left door inside locking mechanism

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Technical Bodywork & interior Front left door inside locking mechanism

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Bertel Bjorvik.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bertel Bjorvik
    Participant

I needed to repair the locking on my front left door. The door didn’t lock properly. Found the spring that keeps the door handle in locked position was broken in two. Got a new spring but cannot get it back in place. Do I need to split the locking mechanism to fit the spring?

I got a Light 15 Slough 1954.

Cheer BertelLock

Larry Lewis
      Participant

You can grind off two of the tabs holding it together, insert the spring then have it tack-welded back together. I’ve done it on my 11BL.

Bertel Bjorvik
        Participant

Thanks for your tip, I thought I had to something like that.

Cheer Bertel

Bertel Bjorvik
          Participant

Hi,

I chopped off two of the tabs holding it together on the opposite the spring. Could not get anyone to tack weld it. Drilled a 3.2 mm in the “cover” used a 4 mm tap.Then used a 4mm counter sink machine screw to put the “lock” back together. A nylon lock nut on the bolt to lock the “cover” in place so the mechanism could move freely. Cut off the excess of the bolt. Works perfectly now.lock left front doorIMG_20180616_133056IMG_20180616_133107

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.