Headlining material

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Are headlinings available or does anyone know of a good trimmer preferably in the east midlands area that can do the job?
      Any help or experience appreciated.
      My car is a Slough built light fifteen with a fawn lining, ideally now want a grey lining.

Anonymous

Franse’s and Renel both do a new lining in either beige or grey. I think they are around 250 euro. I am almost ready to get mine but I am not sure if I am going to fit it or pass the job to a trimming company.

Anonymous

Do Slough and French cars have the same headlining support rod configuration? Just a thought.
          Not the East Midland but I had my Slough Light 15 headlining done near Chippenham, off the M4. Had to leave the car a few days but did a good job.
          http://www.swautotrimming.co.uk/index.html

Anonymous

Chez Renel is the best price and very good quality.

I did mine, but mine is a French 11B so not sure about the Slough rod config.

It is fiddly but do-able and I have not done one before – results are very satisfying. Just doing my 4CV now with a Renel headliner with a similar type of fitting as the Traction……. but half the size 🙂

Anonymous

@tripyrenees wrote:

Chez Renel is the best price and very good quality.

I did mine

Does the headlining include the two “C” pillar panels and the top panel over the windscreen?
              As I’m changing from fawn to grey guess I will need two sun visors too.

Anonymous

………..

Anonymous

@Den Hewitt wrote:

Don’t throw your sunvisors away – recover them. They are not available.

Fransens have replacements for an 11B and Der Franzose (expensive though) for BL and BN

Mine in the Traction are perspex. in my DS are plastic covered, so I simply used plastic primer and then painted them in the correct RAL shade…

Anonymous

I don’t know his Christian name but mlittlejohn has a Slough Light 15 –

Anonymous

@Den Hewitt wrote:

I don’t know his Christian name but mlittlejohn has a Slough Light 15 – the sunvisors are different to the French ones.

Sorry Den, didn’t read the Sig Area before posting my comment on Visors.

Anonymous

In response to the Renel headliner – yes it covers all what your existing one does.

You may get some left over for the sun visors too but I would cover them (as Den said).

Anonymous

Sunvisors are listed on the Renel site. I need one, my BL has none.

Anonymous

My sunvisors are a metal surround with a type of plastic in. They have distorted so may well look at using something to replace the distorted part and cover using left over headlining. Ian which end did you start at?

Anonymous

I started at the back – get the window surround nice and stretch each side outwards to get the back nice and flat. It is tricky (going through it right now with the 4CV). Then work forward working each side as you go. You can then trim the front and make good the A pillar.

I have decided there is no exact way of doing headlining – I have put the job off on my 4CV for a while and on the Traction I was the same. Until you start you never know how it is going to go….. basically, make it up as you go along and as long as you measure 4 times before cutting and a little patience it will turn out good.

And how much better it looks than the original 60 year old rag that was in it before…. you can’t lose 😉

Anonymous

@tripyrenees wrote:

I started at the back – get the window surround nice and stretch each side outwards to get the back nice and flat. It is tricky (going through it right now with the 4CV). Then work forward working each side as you go. You can then trim the front and make good the A pillar.

I have decided there is no exact way of doing headlining – I have put the job off on my 4CV for a while and on the Traction I was the same. Until you start you never know how it is going to go….. basically, make it up as you go along and as long as you measure 4 times before cutting and a little patience it will turn out good.

And how much better it looks than the original 60 year old rag that was in it before…. you can’t lose 😉

I just tend to go for it and make it up as I go lol. I thought starting at the back was the most logical way. Yours looks pretty good in the pictures.

Anonymous

Just for info, I had a look at a French Normale yesterday where a headlining is being fitted. The upholsterer has ‘hung’ the lining using the transverse wires and is going back to stretch it tight and then secure at the sides, back and front (not sure in what order though)

That might be an easier way to do it Baz

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                • The forum ‘Help Wanted’ is closed to new topics and replies.