Headlining material

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

@OSL282 wrote:

Just for info, I had a look at a French Normale yesterday where a headlining is being fitted. The upholsterer has ‘hung’ the lining using the transverse wires and is going back to stretch it tight and then secure at the sides, back and front (not sure in what order though)

That might be an easier way to do it Baz

That was what I thought the order of fitting would be. I will fit it onto the metal work and then put the back in under the clamps. I think I will screw the new wooden surround in so pulling the fabric into place ready to cut out the window ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ .

Anonymous

OK spoke to Graeme today after seeing the finished headlining. You hang the lining then start at the back, tightening it in and go forward. If you have a facebook account you can see the process with pictures and blurb online http://tinyurl.com/jucstof

Anonymous

Sorry, I thought it was obvious, you do hang it first ๐Ÿ˜€ If not you have the headlining covering you like a duvet and it starts to get a little grubby from the floor.

You hang it in a few minutes and it looks done, then all the stretching and fitting takes the rest of the week ๐Ÿ˜†

Anonymous

@tripyrenees wrote:

Sorry, I thought it was obvious, you do hang it first ๐Ÿ˜€ If not you have the headlining covering you like a duvet and it starts to get a little grubby from the floor.

You hang it in a few minutes and it looks done, then all the stretching and fitting takes the rest of the week ๐Ÿ˜†

No I will stay quiet for a change. ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†

Anonymous

@Den Hewitt wrote:

I don’t know his Christian name but mlittlejohn has a Slough Light 15 – the sunvisors are different to the French ones.

I do apologise guys the Christian name is Martin.
              Yes the sun visors are covered in the same material as the roof. Didn’t know if the lining was cut to size + a bit . then separate pieces cut for the side panels and the header panel.

Thanks for all the replies and the links, most helpful.

Anonymous

My sun visors are like this.

Anonymous

Mine are like that too. I think of it a patina. But Renel list new ones at 30 euros each. http://www.renelauto.fr/catalogue2016.pdf
                  Chris

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
                • The forum ‘Help Wanted’ is closed to new topics and replies.