Hi from France

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi
      I’ve just joined, I don’t have a Traction Avant yet but I’m looking.
      I live in the right place to find one, I’m in the north Dordogne, however my French is pretty bad so I thought I’d join a UK based owners club to gather information and tips.
      Of course if there is anything I can do to help any members just let me know.

Max

Anonymous

Hi There, you are among a few of us here in France and this forum is probably the only up to date English speaking one there is so worth all the contributions we can get.

How are you looking for a car, I am pretty good now at the car search a la française and in fact just bought another one this afternoon….. I really do need to get back to work 😆 too much time on my hands 😯 .

Not a citroen this time, but been looking for a 4CV for some time and this one was in the next village to me – knocked him down quite a bit and collect it tomorrow 😀 .

http://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/782308893.htm?ca=16_s

Welcome again.

Ian

Anonymous

Bob, the mag editor is now living in France (somewhere) and I’m sure there are others and some with holiday homes.

(Off Topic) @tripyrenees do you really need another project 😆

Anonymous

😆 😆

I could not resist it – just 2 km from my door and I knocked 1000 off the price jokingly and he accepted. So a quick CT and I Could see it next week for 4000 so I will enjoy it alongside my Traction for a while – I do like them and have been looking for a while.

Hey Max – now your in France you will be trolling le bon coin so be careful. If you have a spare barn or two, you can get carried away if your not careful 😆 😆 😆

PS Nigel Dent also lives up the road from me so that is at least 4 I know who are TOC members.

Anonymous

Thanks for the welcome.
              I’m spending a lot of time on Leboncoin but I have to say it’s pretty casual at the moment.
              By the way tripyrenees (Ian) I couldn’t open the link you posted.
              The problem I have is making a decision, I love the Citroen Traction, the DS, 2cv, Renault 4cv even the Renault 4. The Dauphine has got appeal as has the Flouride. All cars that made an impact on me as a youngster.
              Unfortunately I can’t afford them all!!!

Anonymous

@jerrycan wrote:

Unfortunately I can’t afford them all!!!

That is what I thought too. But if you hold out long enough the bargains do come.

My 2CV AZU 1957 van was up on Le Bon Coin for €9000, I had a later model but just wanted to take a peak at this one as it was close to me in Pau. I hate people like me with no intentions to buy. When I got there it was totally original and perfect, just needed a repaint. I told the guy I could only afford €3500, he scratched his head and said OK. I was stunned.

My Traction was given to me, if I could remove it from the barn.

No 1 Renault 4L was €650, quick CT and new alternator and we are just about to put it up for €2500

No 2 Renault 4GTL we just went out for a drive, saw it on the side of the road for sale, took a look and drove it home for €600. It has been totally restored and is the daily driver for my wife.

And now the 4 CV was advertised on Le Bon Coin but with a title of 4ch and not 4CV, he had no views. Up for €3500, I offered €2500 and he took it. Just got it back in the garage. He also had a fantastic Austin Mini 1000 ’84. Body is perfect and motor runs, just no time to look after it. Up for €3500 but if we were interested (my son is) then €2000.

So car are affordable here if you search and be patient. I now have a ’84 Renault 4TL for sale, a ’79 (carte gris say ’89) Austin Mini and a ’79 Dyane Turbo (yes it has a turbo) for sale as I am happy with just the 4 cars for me and my son will have the Austin Mini which we pick up on Tuesday. 😀

Anonymous

Sounds like I need to get out and about more!!

Anonymous

By way of not answering your question by posing my own…..Does anyone have a directory of Traction Avant Citroen friendly mechanics, spare parts and garages in France. I will be living for periods of the year around Tulle/Brive and Argentat in the Correze region soon and am trying to ensure support and help when I drive down with my Slough 1954 Big 15. Help and advice would be appreciated. I may need to get back eventually! Jerry jerry_cooper@btconnect.com

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • The forum ‘Introduce Yourself’ is closed to new topics and replies.