How to Subscribe to Forums and Topics

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Forum Archive Traction Owners Club Forum General Discussion How to Subscribe to Forums and Topics

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Subscribing to a “Forum” means that you will be notified by email if anyone posts a new “Topic” in the “Forum”. Examples of “Forums” are “Latest News”, “Introduce Yourself”, etc.

Subscribing to a “Topic” (within a “Forum”) means that you will be notified by email if anyone “Posts a Reply” to the “Topic”.

Please be aware that the icons shown at the foot of the page can be confusing:
      – A ticked box with the text “Subscribe to Forum/Topic” means that you are currently not subscribed need to click on the box if you wish to subscribe.
      – A crossed box with the text “un-subscribe from Forum/Topic” means that you are currently subscribed!

Forum and Topic Subscriptions

1. How do I subscribe to specific forums or topics?
      To subscribe to a specific forum, click the “Subscribe forum” link upon entering the forum. To subscribe to a topic, reply to the topic with the subscribe checkbox checked or click the “Subscribe topic” link within the topic itself.

2. How do I remove my subscriptions?
      To remove your subscriptions, go to your User Control Panel and follow the links to your subscriptions.

3. How do I check my subscriptions?
      Go to “User Control Panel” > “Manage Subscriptions” which will show all the Forums and Topics that you are “Watching”.

Note the following question and answer from the PHpBB Support Forum:

Q:This may be me simply not understanding the native behaviour of how subscriptions work but, I can’t find detailed information on how it works.
        So, my problem is a user subscribes to a topic, but, not all updates to the forum/topic result in an email. So – I am not sure if it only emails one time per user that updates that forum… or ?? i.e. if User1 creates a new topic and, posts. It emails. If they post again – does it not email? I am not sure?
        I would like it to send an email to subscribed users regardless. I am not sure if there’s a way to get it to do this or, it’s supposed to be doing this but, just isn’t working. I don’t see errors in the log showing email failures.
        Any help is appreciated.
        I apoligize in advance if i am missing something obvious.
        A: The way it works is that it sends one email letting the subscriber know that there has been a change in the topic/forum.
        It will not send another email no matter how many new posts there are until the subscriber has visited the board.
        Once the subscriber has visited the forum/topic it will then reset and send a new email if there is a new post since the last visit.
        This allows the subscriber to know there has been activity but does not spam him with a thousand emails if there is that much activity.

If you subscribe to a forum/topic, it is assumed that once you get an email about a new post, you will visit to see the new post . there is really no need for multiple emails about multiple posts if you are not going to visit to see the first one.

Anonymous

Help!!
        I put a post and it said it was waiting for administrator. Fine, it told me my post had to be checked by admin. Fine.
        I can’t find it now anywhere and reading Micks instructions there is no “subscribe” bit to hit on entering to see what is happening. Does this not work with I pads?
        J

Anonymous

It’s here, at the foot of the page:
          [attachment=0:3nd501e7]Capture.JPG[/attachment:3nd501e7]

Anonymous

Ah!
            Hidden in plain sight.
            Thank you

Anonymous

Hi
              I seem to be getting kicked out of the forum every few minutes, meaning I have to log in each time and losing posts I have typed up. Even between uploading photos etc. Has been happening for about a week and I have tried other browsers and computers, same thing happening.

Anyone else seeing this or is it just me.

And also, I just got this – “Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached” Is this new. I know there is a limit of photos per post (3) but didn’t know there was a limit on the amount of photos.

Cheers

Ian

Anonymous

Ian,
                I’ll check to see what quotas are set and double or triple them – space on the forum is not an issue.

Probably won’t be until the weekend…

Please can you describe in detail what happens when your “getting kicked out of the forum every few minutes”.

If you could email me more details of the symptoms I can investigate…..

The only other “problem” that I have been made aware of is that one member is not receiving “notifications” for all of the items posted in a forum he has subscribed to.

Anonymous

Reference the issue of getting kicked off the forum every few minutes.

I did a search and found a fix – it was my Safari web browser – I had to delete this forum from my “keychain” app and then restart the browser.

It seems a lot better now. The recent posts took me forever as every other one was lost due to putting in the password again. Now it stays logged in.

Cheers
                  Ian

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.