ignition

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

@tripyrenees wrote:

But the pulley wheels are run from the cam shaft. So this rotates, twice for one revolution of the crankshaft. So will this be OK.

I saw in a back issue and will try and find it that someone had used the shaft for the starting handle to time the engine using a strobe.

Anonymous

@tripyrenees wrote:

But the pulley wheels are run from the cam shaft. So this rotates, twice for one revolution of the crankshaft. So will this be OK.

Should make no difference, because the strobe will ‘miss’ every other rotation. You just need a datum marker for the pulley wheel.

Anonymous

@NormanAnderson wrote:

@tripyrenees wrote:

Should make no difference, because the strobe will ‘miss’ every other rotation. You just need a datum marker for the pulley wheel.

Yes, I have been thinking about this and as the strobe is triggered by one lead pulse it will only light up on that rotation (every other). I know it is not rocket science but cars are weirdly tricky little machines.

😀

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
        • The forum ‘Help Wanted’ is closed to new topics and replies.