Interior trim

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Non Member
    Participant

Hi – does anyone have any pictures of, or advice about,  the covering – if any – that should be over the rear wheel arches where they protrude into the cabin either side of the rear bench seat on my 1952 Traction Avant? Many thanks, Steve

Nigel Watling
      Participant

20200721_191615DSC_1177

Hello Stephen

I covered mine with a sound deadening foil then covered this with vinyl, on hind sight I should have used a layer of thin foam under the vinyl so as to hide some of the ribs and blemishes in the steel.

I may still add a layer of foam and then another layer of vinyl covering to improve the look.

Nigel

Alistair
        Participant

I lined my arches with scrim foam (2-3mm) followed by the vinyl. My thought behind it was to give it a slight cushioning!

Alistair

Non Member
          Participant

Thanks so much for your advice, Nigel & Alistair. Does anyone know what the original materials were?

Steve

Alistair
            Participant

As far as I know rexine was used post war….a type of faux leather.

Prior to doing my ‘53 Light 15 the original rexine was glued directly onto the wheel arches with a hessian material giving some padding. The  squab and seat back rest was all leather and the seat backs(rear) were rexine.

My prewar 12 was all leather.

Alistair

Non Member
              Participant

Many thanks, Alistair

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.