Intermittant Hesitancy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi All, I was driving my 1953 B yesterday and noticed that when pulling away or driving fairy slowly (20-30mph) the car would miss a beat now and then, I thought it was timing so I adjusted the advance retard knob inside the car to see if that made any difference but it didn’t. When driving at around 45-55mph it was fine and very smooth. I did fill up with 99 octane unleaded for the first time as that was the only available but I thought this would an advantage, not sure what to do from now. The car ticks over fine and revs up good no problems but just at slow speed. Could it be the petrol or air getting into the system somewhere.
      Where do I start to check?

Thanks in advance

Mike

Anonymous

Check the air bleed hole which is behind the carb overflow pipe when you remove it is clear.

Anonymous

………………

Anonymous

Thank you for your advice, first of all I’ll check the air bleed hole as this seems the easiest.
            Not sure if the engine has been rebuilt, I have only had the car a year, but the previous owner looked after it really well. The car doesn’t use any oil or smokes at all when first starting up or driving, would there be other signs of the valve guides are worn? She also starts on the button every time. Even if she hasn’t been started for a couple of weeks. Also I haven’t a clue on which points to get hold of as when I look through the club shop it has numerous points to choose from, I know it is a duceller and that’s all. I really want to get a spare set, just on case!

Thanks

Mike

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘Help Wanted’ is closed to new topics and replies.