Is it posable to find out the original Colour of car.

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Forum Archive Traction Owners Club Forum General Discussion Is it posable to find out the original Colour of car.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

After having a bit of trouble with the engine in Our Ruby, the engine had been completely overhauled but the front main bearing shells had been put in the wrong way round, so no oil feed to the main or front big end, I managed to save the crank. And that has gone for polishing.

I’m now back on deciding what colour the car is going to be.
      Thanks to Dr Yves Haft I now know the following information

“Your Ruby was built around Friday 16th June 1950 (if its chassis no is 134722).
      If its engine no is AK 08430, then it is likely to be the original Perfo engine.
      It may have been owned by a Colin Moss from Luton in the early 1980s.
      It may have been painted beige ????”

It is painted beige but this paint has to be removed as parts of the car are brush painted and is peeling off.
      The original colour appears to be a metallic dark grey, there are no signs of any other colours. Even behind the dash and on the inside of the roof there is grey overspray.

I know this is unusual, as most were black. Could this be the original colour?
      As usual any help is much appreciated.

Anonymous

One of the reference pages I found for car colours was http://www.cats-citroen.net/citroen_tractionavant/ta_colors.html

Looking at that, it looks like the factory only painted in Black (AC201 Noir) however it does appear possible that the car was delivered to the dealer in ‘primer’ and painted to the customers request

Looks like your going to have to carefully remove layers of paint until you get to the original top coat to be sure.

Anonymous

………….

Anonymous

…………..

Anonymous

Thanks Den,
              that does look like the colour and discribes it perfectly. It looks as though it was also used on hilmans.
              I’ll see if I can get a sample.
              Ther was a car on the TOC stand at Sywell piston and props, that was painted silver but was bit lighter in coulor

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.