Leaking Water Pump

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Right – back to CTA then. It is not a terrible leak but a small pool of fluid is sitting on top of the gear box housing each morning.

The oil I am talking about is the oil that you put into the oil filler on top of the water pump – not engine oil (just to be clear Nigel)

I have a long weekend out to Nogaro on Saturday with the Traction Universelle, so it will give it a good run and test. Just annoyed that even a new pump still has issues. 👿

Anonymous

@tripyrenees wrote:

The oil I am talking about is the oil that you put into the oil filler on top of the water pump – not engine oil (just to be clear Nigel)

I use engine oil in my water pump lubricator Ian and I suspect most others do as well.

Anonymous

I think Ian means it is not mixing with the oil in the engine but he does use engine oil in the oiler.

Anonymous

………..

Anonymous

Hi Den – yes it has a new spring cap. I had in fact replaced the cap on the old pump too….before sending it back to be replaced.

And yes, I meant the oil was not coming from the engine. It was coming from my oil filler can, which is standard engine oil.

Thanks, and I will let you know how it goes with CTA

Anonymous

All I can add is that I bought a ‘new’ Solex Carb for my DS Ian, which turned out to be a reconditioned one and that had to go back as it was a nightmare when hot, with the 2nd choke sticking on causing the engine to race. We agreed that there was no point sending a replacement as they couldn’t guarantee that the other 3 they held would be any better…… (I rebuilt the original myself and it’s been fine)

I don’t have an issue with the new TA parts I have bought, but won’t get anything reconditioned from them.

My old water pump for the Traction was sent for reconditioning in the UK as Chris (TOC Spares) said they switched supplier for the reasons you have outlined I’m afraid.

Anonymous

I have sent the photo to CAS to see what they say. Pain keep taking the pump on and off. This is about the 6th time I will have taken the water pump off due to these little leak issues. Getting quite good at it now 😯

[attachment=0:14uehu3n]P1070732.jpg[/attachment:14uehu3n]

Anonymous

Ian, where did you get the oil filler cap for the water pump from?

Anonymous

Fransen sell the complete ‘oiler’ in 2 types Den, 1 a push fit on the water pump (curently 6.9 euro http://www.citroen-traction-avant.com/Content/DetailArt.aspx?COD=700.175&SPR=4&AKTSEITE=008&RETURNURL=http://www.citroen-traction-avant.com/Content/C_Produkte.aspx?SPR=4&KATSEITE=008 ), the other a screw fit for the clutch release bearing if I remember correctly.

Anonymous

I got mine from CAS – they literally had a brand new pump back from me except for the housing 😕

http://www.cas-shop.nl/en/traction-11cv/waterpmp-and-ventilateur-887865293/lubrication-fitting-waterpump-startermotor.html

Anonymous

For us in the UK Ian, Fransen prices are lower, so is their postage due to CAS minimum 25 euro……

Anonymous

Didn’t know about the €25 minimum – but then I have bought a lot from them over the past year – they even send me stuff and I pay later now. Plus I get it VAT free across the border.

Fransen is expensive for small parts due to shipping. I bought a lot of 4L pieces from them but now use Melun Retro for those.

All swings and roundabouts really, just lucky to have so much choice 😀

Anonymous

@tripyrenees wrote:

All swings and roundabouts really, just lucky to have so much choice 😀

Yes choice does help, but can’t avoid the VAT in the UK

Anonymous

Ian, thanks for the heads up. Was just about to send my water pump off to CAS. I won’t now!
                                Perhaps the best place to send it will be to Chris at the TOC club shop after all.

Anonymous

Of course you could go electric………………………..

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
                                • The forum ‘Help Wanted’ is closed to new topics and replies.