Leather Rear Door Pull Handles

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Technical Bodywork & interior Leather Rear Door Pull Handles

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Nigel Watling
    Participant

Could anybody post some pictures and measurements of the rear door pull handles as fitted to the Slough Light 15, mine are missing and can’t find anything on the net to make a copy from, any help would be appreciated.

Many  thanks

Nigel

David Selfridge
      Participant

Hi Nigel, The drill holes at the top of one of doors became elongated, which meant the door card clips would not hold the door cards in place, leaving a small gap. I fitted door pull straps (Morris Minor) which I had in stock, my leather upholsterer fitted new matching leather, with leather scraps left over from my interior restoration. I still have a few Minor pull straps left over. If  you could get them fitted with your own colour matching leather (currently light blue colour) I would be happy to send them to you FOC. Photo of similar EBay.

Davy317F67AA-DDF9-43D7-877D-E23898212340

Nigel Watling
        Participant

Door Card

Hello David

That’s a fantastic offer but as can be seen from my picture the mounting screws on mine are vertical or do the straps you show mount horizontally?

There is no reason I couldn’t drill another hole and mount them to hang vertically.

Your thoughts and any chance of a picture of yours please for reference.

Nigel

David Selfridge
          Participant

Hi Nigel, The problems with the Minor straps would be if you drilled another hole,  it would expose the existing hole beside the strap. Do you have straps on the front doors?, you would want 972FE436-BFFA-498B-B26E-C1303834C2F7AB8AE947-148A-45ED-90D9-C0A381BA53D49AE78ECF-5311-41F1-9BBA-9143BB332558them to match, front & back
            I fitted my straps before any holes were drilled in the leather.

Nigel Watling
            Participant

Hi David

No my front doors don’t have straps and there no holes in steel work to say there ever was, albeit my car is Slough built my door panels and front seats are vinyl and no decorative stitching as per your pictures but have the wood panel so good chance mine  are not originals, but on saying that the variations seems endless, what ever was available at the time I suppose. Thinking on your comments about spare screw hole I have decided to make mine using the two vertical screws I have and form a steel cover over the top section. I’ll post follow up picture when fitted.

Nigel

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Nigel Watling.
              • This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Nigel Watling. Reason: spell
              David Selfridge
              Participant

Hi Nigel, Hope everything goes well, fitting your leather door pulls. Please post pictures of your final modification, should turn out fine.

My car is a 1938 Slough Traction Avant “Twelve” the raised swan necks and side pockets are as per original door cards, and the narrow stitching panels in the seats where copied from the original. 3285BE9B-7BFC-4510-9582-CCB31942608E012624D3-1A97-4171-9069-D72CA6ADF0BCA5330847-45B7-4EAC-BC61-42F411914A75

Davy

Nigel Watling
                Participant

door pull

Hi David

This is what I came up with as end results, should have wiped finger prints off before taking picture.

Nigel

David Selfridge
                  Participant

Hi Nigel,

You should be Well Pleased with the result, looks very good indeed.

Davy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.