New Member 11BN 1949

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi All,

Thought it was time to introduce myself and my 1949 TA 11BN (see photos). From the information I have it seems it was built in Belgium and was once owned by the old Top Gear presenter Chris Goffey. I am curious whether the paint colour is original and whether the position of the trafficators has been seen before? (see them on the A post?)

[attachment=3:1rmbki3o]IMG_0560-2.jpg[/attachment:1rmbki3o]
      [attachment=2:1rmbki3o]IMG_0563-2.jpg[/attachment:1rmbki3o]
      I am currently in the process of restoring the interior as it let the car down a bit.

In taking the old headlining off I was covered in a shower of rust so I have spent some time removing and treating this. I’d be grateful if any member would be able to clarify how the headlining should be attached at the sides.
      The old one was attached above the windscreen by tacks to the rope-type string that can be seen in the photo and had the usual rails screwed into the side and tensioned by hooks in the roof, but how are the sides meant to be attached? My old version was hand-sewn onto a smaller version of the furflex that surrounds each door – surely not original?
      [attachment=1:1rmbki3o]IMG_0561-2.jpg[/attachment:1rmbki3o]
      [attachment=0:1rmbki3o]IMG_0562-2.jpg[/attachment:1rmbki3o]
      I would be grateful of any advice!

Graeme Smith

Anonymous

Yes it was owned by Chris Goffey. I was going to have a look at it when it was for sale in a garage near Oxford and actually spoke to Chris after tracking his phone number down.

Eventually bought a different TA though, a BL, simply because I couldn’t fit a BN in my garage at home 😉 .

Only Slough cars had trafficators as far as I am aware and a Belgium/French car pre 52 didn’t have flashers either so looks like someone added them in the past.

For French colour info take a look at: http://www.cats-citroen.net/home.html

Anonymous

Just found a similar colour scheme car for sale in France http://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/831202626.htm?ca=14_s

It does say though “corresponding to the original colors of the 1936 Citroen salon …. Historical sprain quickly forgiven !!”

Anonymous

Hi Graeme
            There are a couple of articles in Floating Power you may find useful on fitting the interior. Vol 17 Jan 92-93 and vol 28 Apr – May 04.
            Patrick

Anonymous

I have looked at the articles on replacing the headlining, but my car does not seem to have the “hooked metal fixing strips” that are described. Are these at the sides of the car? My old headlining was sewn into the fur flex that went around the doors and seems to be missing these strips – are they available anywhere?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘Introduce Yourself’ is closed to new topics and replies.