• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi,

I’ve been a Citroen Traction fan for a long long time, there’s just so much to this car, its style, its charm, its history, its engineering, its …. I could go on and on and on.

There is one drawback (for me) at the moment and that is that I don’t yet actually own one… There is one that I’m very interested in – I’ll keep you posted on that front.

However if anyone knows of one for sale, that isn’t a king’s ransom, (I cannot afford to spend a fortune), perhaps they could point me towards it?

My first car was a two door 1954 split screen Morris Minor, my dad bought it for me when I was 15, and we spent two years doing it up, (new floors etc) as it was my first car I spent my time breaking half shafts, however they were easy enough to replace.

The first time I took it out, before I’d passed my test, I drove it around the local lanes and roads – without doors, wings and boot fitted – shall never forget that. What an awesome little car, Sadly, owing to family, college and work, I no longer have her.

There’s just something wonderful about proper old cars, the smell inside just does something for me.

I’m 46 now and have come to the decision that now’s a good time to contemplate a Traction!

I shall be looking at issues and remedies, learning what to look for when buying a Traction and of course keeping an eye out for that special car.

My wife would tell you that I’m obsessed, I have books on the Traction and Andre Citroen, pin badges and wouldn’t mind a T shirt soon too πŸ™‚

I hope to meet like minded folk along the way.

Best regards

Jonathan

Anonymous

Welcome. I am a fairly new member too and have a 1952 Paris built Normale. There are cheap cars out there but be careful. No idea on what your budget is or if you are capable of doing the work yourself

Anonymous

Hi Jonathan
          Welcome, I too only joined about a year ago when I got my Traction. About the same age as yourself, I was a little overwhelmed with the size as the only other cars I have worked on are Beetles and 2CV’s. But the Traction was a fantastic project and now I am driving it it is great.

I was not the best mechanic but I have learnt a lot during the project and am on my next project now with my lovely working (but not too pretty paint work) sitting next to it.

Any questions just shout – as everyone here know, I live in France, where they are probably a little cheaper (mine was a free gift by a neighbour) so if you need any help at all with Le Bon Coin or similar then let me know.

Good to have you on the Forum

Ian

Anonymous

Jonathan,
            Welcome to the sanatorium for fellow acute sufferers of “Citroenitis” aka “Traction Owners Club”
            Have you had dreams of those Michelin X’s screeching over the cobbles?
            Don’t worry, you have arrived in a place where you are among friends and fellow “sufferers”.

I first suffered the affliction in 1985 and since then my life and family have had to put up with the embarrassment of my condition….

European holidays that were a thinly veiled excuse to go “Traction spotting” in local scrapyards… and the ecstasy of actually actually being the owner of one…..

Be sure to take advantage of your access, as a member of TOC, to the Buyers Guides that are available in the “Members Only” section of the Website (to access this you need to use the Username and Password that you received with your Welcome Pack.

If I can be of any assistance regarding the Website or the Forum, please feel free to contact me.

“Bon Apettiet”

PS Remember – don’t buy the first car you see, be patient, your car is there waiting for you and when you meet you will immediately know that it’s the one for you….

Anonymous

@mpopka wrote:

PS Remember – don’t buy the first car you see, be patient, your car is there waiting for you and when you meet you will immediately know that it’s the one for you….

Baz….they are having a go at you again…… πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Anonymous

Jonathan, welcome. On this forum you will find the fount of all knowledge when it comes to Tractions (not from me, I hasten to add).
                May I offer you some sage advice, as I stand knee deep in rust, muck and invoices?:@mpopka wrote:

don’t buy the first car you see, be patient, your car is there waiting for you and when you meet you will immediately know that it’s the one for you….

Enjoy, it’s a great place.

Anonymous

Yo!
                  Mr Tripmolehill…

Gollocks!

or as we say in Yorkshire “Nads pal”

Anonymous

@tripyrenees wrote:

@mpopka wrote:

Baz….they are having a go at you again…… πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

I saw that but to be honest I was so lucky and it could have been a real problem. This was a spur of the moment thing and having just looked at Paul Defelice’s Slough Normale I was raring to go. Paul was a great help who came with me to collect the car and give it the once over.

Anonymous

Sure, you can get lucky. I bought mine sight-unseen on eBay. What could possibly go wrong? It had issues of course, but it wasn’t rusty doom and I’m really happy with the car now. Fortunately, there isn’t any sort of price bubble on these cars so the entry price is generally low enough that there should be budget available for sorting.

Interesting to see that there are a few other guys here in their mid-40s.

Anonymous

@Fjord wrote:

Sure, you can get lucky. I bought mine sight-unseen on eBay. What could possibly go wrong? It had issues of course, but it wasn’t rusty doom and I’m really happy with the car now. Fortunately, there isn’t any sort of price bubble on these cars so the entry price is generally low enough that there should be budget available for sorting.

Interesting to see that there are a few other guys here in their mid-40s.

My car was in pretty good condition for 63 years old and it could have been used as is. I am very late 50’s but still think I am 21!

Anonymous

Welcome, Johnathan and just remember, when you have “Traction fever,” you’re cured! πŸ˜‰

Anonymous

Hey Jonathan – so are you a Traction owner yet?
                            Chris

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • The forum ‘Introduce Yourself’ is closed to new topics and replies.