New Member Traction Avant Light 15

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Forum Archive Traction Owners Club Forum Introduce Yourself New Member Traction Avant Light 15

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi. We have bought a Traction Avant Light 15 year 1952 from friends near Matlock. We live in North West Wales near Bangor but have yet to find any other members in our area. Looking forward to taking the car out on Sunday 26th April for the drive it day and hope we can find someone else to link up with. If anyone wants to contact us call 01248 681391.
      Mike and Sue Ward.

Anonymous

I think you will find ‘Drive it Day’ is on the 26th. Welcome to the club 🙂

Anonymous

Grahame,
          The nearest TOC section that is organizing a DID event is the Peak Section, based just outside Matlock (coincidence?)
          However, it’s 160 miles from bangor!
          Bev can be contacted by email at Peak@traction-owners.co.uk or by phone on 01629 582154

Alternately, A new “Northern” Section has recently been established by Bryan Pullen who is based in Lancashire. You might want to drop him an email at northern@traction-owners.co.uk or ring him on 07967 479 701 (Mobile) – however it’s 120 miles from Bangor!

You might want to check here: http://www.classicshowsuk.co.uk/classic-car-shows-this-year/classic-car-shows-in-april.asp and see what DID events are taking place closer to you.

Anonymous

Hi Mike
            As Mick says, we are relatively new Northern section, and are just finding our feet, but our membership stretches down into Cheshire and the Wirral and you would be very welcome to come and join in at any time.
            We will shortly be looking at events around the region at which we might get together. At the moment our meetings have been on the Lancashire/Merseyside borders, but we will be looking into attending events in Cheshire which will not be too far from you. Keep an eye on our Section News and if anything appeals to you, then we’d be happy to see you. If you want to drop me a PM or an email with some contact details, then I will include you in any ’round robin’ emails that go out .

Best wishes

Bryan Pullan
            Northern Section Rep

Anonymous

Dear Brian

Our email is chatelaine60@hotmail.com. our business phone is 01248681391 in Llanfairfechan North Wales. If you have any information on events within a 100 miles or so of us we would be pleased to know. At present we are trying to source a new clutch cable for our Light 15 as the one on it is frayed.

Our car has an ID19 engine with a 4 speed gearbox in so all the information relating to engine etc on the Light 15 does not relate to our car. We have been finding new parts quite difficult to source so far. However we have managed to pin down new plugs, points, condenser coil etc and she is running a lot smoother than when she arrived.

Best wishes

Mike and Sue Ward

Anonymous

Mike,
                have a look at this site for details of Classic Car events throughout the UK: http://www.classicshowsuk.co.uk/

The link is listed on the “Events” page of the main TOC Website: http://traction-owners.co.uk/events.shtml

Anonymous

@mikeward53 wrote:

At present we are trying to source a new clutch cable for our Light 15 as the one on it is frayed.

John Gillard or as it’s an ID engine and box, Darrin at Citroen classics in Staines may be able to help

Anonymous

@OSL282 wrote:

@mikeward53 wrote:

At present we are trying to source a new clutch cable for our Light 15 as the one on it is frayed.

John Gillard or as it’s an ID engine and box, Darrin at Citroen classics in Staines may be able to help

Thanks for the info on the clutch. Darrin has identified it for,us but has not got a new one and says they are not available so we may have to cobble something together. However I have also,found a firm called Holdens in Bromyard so Imhave sent an email with photos to,them just now.

Anonymous

……………….

Anonymous

Ah the joys of French/Slough cars and later conversions ‘Aimez la différence’

Anonymous

………..

Anonymous

I will be fitting a diaphragm clutch to my Cabriolet (DS19 engine with crossflow head, ID19 lhd bellhousing and ID19 4 speed box) later this year. I will let you know how I get on.

Anonymous

@mikeward53 wrote:

Our car has an ID19 engine with a 4 speed gearbox in so all the information relating to engine etc on the Light 15 does not relate to our car.

Den it’s now getting confusing as the poster does say his car has a frayed clutch cable and ‘Light 15’ info does not relate to his car 😕

Think we need more clarification, maybe a picture or 2 would help as well.

Anonymous

……………….

Anonymous

We think the whole engine was replaced at some stage with an ID19 engine and 4 speed gearbox. The engine number is now 0366003246, the original engine number was AF19707.

The clutch is definitely a cable not a rod. Sorry we dont know what the difference between a Light 15 and a Legere? The car was built in Slough and exported to New Zealand where its registration was FN222. It came back to the UK around 2008. I have received an email from Chris Treagust about the cable. I had sent photos to him earlier today. I have photos saved in icloud but cannot figure out how to post them onto this forum?? I usually use the ipad or iphone to send photos but dont seem to have a programme that will attach them to my postings.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                • The forum ‘Introduce Yourself’ is closed to new topics and replies.