New member with a 1952 Paris built Normale

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Forum Archive Traction Owners Club Forum Introduce Yourself New member with a 1952 Paris built Normale

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Please can I ask that anyone uploading an attachment ensures that it is of a “reasonable size”.
      I suspect that the problem you are encountering is that the pictures are very large.

Resolution for Web viewing should be 640 x 480 and less than 250Kb.

please no megapixel attachments.

Free utilities are available to “resize” pictures for uploading and sharing, just Google for “Free photo resizer”

Anonymous

Thanks for that I will try again later after looking a picture size etc.

Anonymous

Baz,
          Just have a look at the number of pictures that ian is uploading currently on his “Tech Torque” topic “Vinny” – Engine Out, as a guide
          See: http://traction-owners.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=290

Anonymous

I resize using preview on my iMAC. I set the width to a max of 1024 which sets the height to about 570 is and the size about 120k or so.

Sorry of so many, I just find following pictures is easy than trying to translate different technical jargon…. every manufacturer or tech writer tends to call a widget something different…. so a picture is always the same ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous

Ian,
              No need to apologise.
              I was actually thinking you could add other tasks that would be good to illustrate:
              – Removing the Starter motor
              – Adjusting height of front or rear suspension
              – removal of steering wheel
              – replacement of brake shows
              – Removal of front or rear brake drums
              – Replacement of any/all sections of the exhaust
              – replacement of Shock absorbers
              – Replacement of Clutch
              – checking gears for wear

I guess the list just goes on and on…….

keep up the good work!

Anonymous

………

Anonymous

I will go through and edit it as it it a pain having to do so many posts due to the limit on pictures per post.

You can restore a whole car by yourself (I did) but it does make it easier with two, hence “wife aid” for removing the bonnet and manhandling the engine hoist around.

It is my first attempt on pictorial instruction so hopefully I will improve over time and I hope to put this in another blog format for those without access to this forum.

Anonymous

As another ‘Baz’ originally from Essex, I feel duty bound to say ‘hello’! ๐Ÿ™‚ Congrats on finding your car. Seems I’m a lot slower to find and buy my car than most of the other newbies here.

Looking forward to seeing pix and hearing about progress.

Anonymous

Stay slow and bide your time.

There are cars around where all the hard work has been done and they will be cheaper than doing it yourself if you have to farm all the work out.

Anonymous

I hope this works. First picture of my traction.

Anonymous

If you let me have a few sentences and some pictures I’ll add you to the members cars section:

http://traction-owners.co.uk/cars.shtml#

Anonymous

The manual screen wipe ‘knob’ is handy for putting the drivers side blade out of the way ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous

@OSL282 wrote:

The manual screen wipe ‘knob’ is handy for putting the drivers side blade out of the way ๐Ÿ™‚

Another use for the manual knob is when you are too lazy to risk putting the electric motor on just in case the turn off mechanism does not work and you have to stick your hand up underneath looking for the little lever switch and getting your fingers in the way of the rotating mechanism, trying to steer the car at the same time……..

Tractions are fun ๐Ÿ˜†

Anonymous

I found out the arms are not connected to anything at present. I am looking at a kit car set up which will let me use a 12v motor too. Only thing stopping that is spindle size at present.

Anonymous

…………..

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
                                • The forum ‘Introduce Yourself’ is closed to new topics and replies.