New member with a 1952 Paris built Normale

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Forum Archive Traction Owners Club Forum Introduce Yourself New member with a 1952 Paris built Normale

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Don’t really need a 12v motor as I use a 15amp 12v to 6v reducer which is more than up to the job.

Anonymous

Thanks Dave if I end up keeping the original wipers I will go down the route of fitting a voltage reducer. My spindles are not attached t the rest because the ball joint things are damaged. I will look at replacing them first. I work in London a lot so will be making a visit to Old Kent Road before long.

Anonymous

Also make sure your motor is not clogged up with old thick grease. It is a good idea to strip it out and scrape all the old stuff out, clean it thoroughly and renew the grease. On every 6 volt car I have bought I have done this, saves burning it out when testing.

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice. This is the first really old car I have owned and it is a steep learning curve. I thought my 1996 MGF was old.

Anonymous

………..

Anonymous

Thanks for the pictures. I think I will start with new spindles and work from there. At present the blades do not actually touch 80% of the screen and seem to have a life of their own.

Anonymous

………….

Anonymous

Before you take everything apart have a look at the way that Paul’s wipe.

Anonymous

Thanks Den I will look at Pauls soon. That would explain why they seem to do different things. Looking at pictures of a couple of cars there seems to be different bending configurations as well for the arms.

Anonymous

That is an owner thing.

Sorry forget Paul’s car, his is English. Look at another post ’52 French Traction.

Anonymous

Good point I forgot Paul’s is a RHD. Will there be a Paris built N at the show in November?

Anonymous

I don’t know, try asking Paul.

Anonymous

@bazessex wrote:

Good point I forgot Paul’s is a RHD. Will there be a Paris built N at the show in November?

Cleve has organised the vehicles – best contact him.

Anonymous

@Den Hewitt wrote:

The wiper blades do not sweep the screen together, the best description I can give is that, in a fashion, one wipes and then the other wipes.

They are very funny, specially when the passenger side wiper flies off into the hedge, like it did this past weekend. But luckily enough Monsieur André designed the drivers side to be independently operated manually by the missus…… 😆

What do you need, mine is a ’55 Paris built Normale.

Anonymous

Pictures on how they work and where they sit on the screen. Mine just wave around in the breeze and barely touch the screen. The spindles look shot and I think I will pull out the rest to check it all out. I had the passenger one fly off too so it seems a common trait.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
                                • The forum ‘Introduce Yourself’ is closed to new topics and replies.