New transfer for '53 Slough Instrument cluster

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Technical Bodywork & interior New transfer for '53 Slough Instrument cluster

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Norman Anderson
    Participant

Hi Folks, I know that the TOC Shop does a transfer for the speedo, but any ideas on replacing this for my ’53 Slough Light 15? The sun has crazed and yellowed the original perspex.

802XUD_Lo_Res61

Thanks, Norman

Chris
      Participant

Hi Norman

I imagine the perspex needs replacing and can’t be polished back to being clear.

In an earlier time I suspect you could have found some reverse-printed Letraset that you could transfer onto the back of a new piece of perspex.

Assuming there’s nothing like that available on ebay you could scan your existing dial and print your own transfer using this wet transfer paper …http://lazertran.com

Seems like a good way to while away a few hours.

Chris

Norman Anderson
        Participant

Thanks Chris,

Just got this from Josh Lockwood. Wonder if TOC Spares would like to join me to get some in stock and bring the costs down?

Hello Norman,

This is something we can replicate if you send us the original for reference and accuracy.
          However, there’s a minimum setup fee for a new dial/production run as we manufacture in batches. This means the unit cost is dramatically lower if multiple of the same dial are ordered since the fees are distributed among them.

The pricing for this is as follows:

1x = £150 + VAT each
          5x = £55 + VAT each
          10x = £40 + VAT each

Further discounts apply to quantities in excess of this.

Kind regards,

Josh

Lockwood

Chris
          Participant

Thanks Norman,

Interesting.

I’ll ask Chris T and John M (Slough Champion) to consider and recommend.

Chris

Roger Grix
            Participant

Hi,

Transfers were available from Spares a short while ago. Have you asked Chris Treagust?

If he does not have stock, I may be able to help you as I redid mine twice. The first attempt was a little out of line but for most people would probably be acceptable.

Roger

Norman Anderson
              Participant

Hi Roger and Chris, thanks for the info.

For some reason, I thought Chris only had speedo transfers. This is not the case. He tells me that they have transfers for this instrument. I’ve asked for one, but haven’t heard back from him yet.

Thanks again, Norman

Roger Grix
                Participant

Hi Norman

A word of warning. The transfers that I got were incorrect. The notch for lining up with the notch in the perspex so that the dial sits correctly in the case was incorrect. Not a problem as long as you know before you stick on the transfer. I had to cut a new notch in the perspex so that the dial was in the correct position.

Before you start, sit the new transfer on your old dial and see if the notch is in the correct position. If not, mark the correct position and use your mark when fitting the transfer, ignoring the other one.

This problem may have been sorted out but worth a check before you start.

Regards,

Roger

Norman Anderson
                  Participant

Thanks Roger, will be careful!

Do you know if the club supply the perspex as well?

Roger Grix
                    Participant

Hi Norman,

Yes, the decal comes with the perspex and instructions. It does not come with the rubber sealing ring or glass.

If you have any queries when you get all the bits together, contact me and we can discuss it.

Roger

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.