Protecting brake pipes.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

My old original metal brake pipes were protected by a wire spiral around them. To protect the new pipes I have used plastic spiral wrap. What have others used?

Anonymous

Nothing! I re-piped my 11B in the 80s and so far so good. I re-piped the BL this past autumn and so far, no trouble. I think the wire wrap was a bit of overkill. My Light 15 didn’t have the wire wrap at all. What is important is that wherever the line touches another part of the car, say the brake line rests against the front torsion bar, cut a length of hose to protect the brake line. Like I said, so far so good.

Anonymous

I can see why they were done when new since French roads were pretty bad. I am doing it to just put my mind to rest. Stupid really because all the specials built for rallying had no such protection really.

Anonymous

My car was caked so much in mud and crap I could not see the brake pipes. When I chiseled them out they seemed not to have any protection but then I was not looking for it.

I put new pipes all around making sure they bridged over any moving parts and fitted securely to the car – bought the kit from CAS but seriously thinking about just buying the flange tools etc for the next one.

Anonymous

Mine had obviously been repiped and there was no protection but I am going to do it all again with Kunifer. Really do not like the way the pipes are sandwiched between the Jambonneau and front frame.

[attachment=0:1u0ojixq]IMG_0415.jpg[/attachment:1u0ojixq]

Was thinking of passing it through the oval grommet and making a hole on the other side with a p clip or grommet,it obviously works but just does not look 😀 .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘Help Wanted’ is closed to new topics and replies.