Rain Gutters

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Has anyone re routed the water collected down out via the sills?

Anonymous

Not sure what you mean by water collected from the Rain Gutters.

Are you meaning having tubes turning into the bodywork at each end of the gutter and then coming out through the sills.

Anonymous

Yes thinking of blocking either end and having a tube each end running inside and then out through the sill.

Anonymous

Ok, bit the bullet and drilled the holes and placed tube in place. Once wiring is back in I will put expanding foam inside the door pillars to hold tube in place. Pictures to follow.

Anonymous

I’d be interested to see this. What I have done is have a glass shop caulk the rain gutters to seal off the seam where they’re welded to the body. Reduces the chance of water getting under the gutter and causing all kinds of harm.

Anonymous

@L.Lewis wrote:

I’d be interested to see this. What I have done is have a glass shop caulk the rain gutters to seal off the seam where they’re welded to the body. Reduces the chance of water getting under the gutter and causing all kinds of harm.

I have got a caulk adhesive to put between the new gutter and bodywork. I am going to use stainless steel pop rivets rather than weld which means no heat to damage the seal and ease of removal in the future. I had corrosion between the gutter and bodywork. Minor but if left it would get worse. I am going to use a glass fibre paste to shape the gutters into the body sealing each end.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • The forum ‘Help Wanted’ is closed to new topics and replies.