Re-Chrome Traction Grill/Headlights

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Forum Archive Traction Owners Club Forum Help Wanted Re-Chrome Traction Grill/Headlights

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Could any member recommend a Chrome Company in U.K. to chrome a Grill and Headlights for my Light 12
      I have been told that a Company called ST Chrome does a good job, this is the place to find out.
      Regards
      Davy

Anonymous

Just do not go near Ashford Chrome/London Chroming Company,waist of time and a lot of money.
        Consider myself lucky to have got it all back, interested in reply’s myself as I will be getting 70% of it redone in the New Year.

Anonymous

I hear good things about these people( local to me) from classic owners.

http://www.wyattpolishing.com/index.php/features

Anonymous

I use this outfit http://www.beckworth.net/ in Alton, Hampshire. When I first used them their prices were about half what Ashford was quoting, they’ve gone up a bit recently as I discovered on items currently with them.
            Patrick

Anonymous

Hi Patrick
              Thanks for the post, I’ve checked Beckworths website and their short video, they certainly seem a really good company.
              Are you satisfied with their work and commitment to customer service. I have asked for a price including return delivery to and from my premises, I’ll keep you informed when they come back to me with a price.
              Thanks Again
              Davy

Anonymous

Hi Davy
                My only qualification would be that you need to present items that don’t need reshaping/repairing as they would have to send them away and that would add quite a lot to the price. So far I have only had a Slough bumper chromed – they did a good job. I am awaiting a number of other items due this month.
                Patrick

Anonymous

Hi Davy
                  Just a brief update on my previous post, I have now had my latest batch of chroming back pretty much on time and to quote (ie no extra charges). Very pleased with the result.
                  Patrick

Anonymous

Hi Patrick
                    I have sent Pics of all of my items, Grill,Headlights,Sidelights & Door handles twice to this company without reply, so I assumed they weren’t interested, although I have not given job out yet.
                    ST Chrome have came back to with regular updates regarding other items for my friends, do you know of anyone having experience with this company.
                    Kind Regards
                    Davy

Anonymous

Hi Davy
                      I don’t know ST Chrome. Suggest with Beckworths you phone them. Door handles are probably not worth chroming because of the metal they’re made from. A grille is likely to be £450 +vat. Lights maybe start a new unless their very special.
                      Patrick

Anonymous

Does anyone know if Chris is off or away. I ordered parts for my Legere in mid December which he told me were in stock, he has since delivered parts for my Light 12, but so far no parts for the Legere. I have sent quite a few emails and numerous phone calls without success and no returns to my emails.
                        As I require more parts for my Light 12 for the painter I am reluctant to order and hold up paintwork with further delays.
                        Jose Franssen will complete order guaranteed within 5 days from Belgium, however I prefer to purchase from TOC and know there must be something for Chris not to return to me.

Hope someone can Help.

Regards
                        Davy

Anonymous

Hi Davy,

Just spoke to Chris this morning. Re rang me about an issue we have with speedo decals (which he wil resolve without any problems). I too have been trying to get hold of him, but in complete fairness to Chris, he says he’s been calling me each day without success!

Hope you manage to get in touch.

Best, Norman

Anonymous

Hi Norman
                            Thanks for the reply back, at least he’s on duty, hope he calls or emails me soon as this is quite a sizeable order, as was the last delivery.

FIngers Crossed

Thanks Again
                            Davy

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • The forum ‘Help Wanted’ is closed to new topics and replies.