Rear Wing bolts and access

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi everyone,
      I just did a search on here looking for bodywork info as I noticed that offside rear wing bolt at the bottom nearest the door is missing its nut and the seal is loose. I can see the end of the bolt and tried put a magnet on it to see if it would come out. Sadly not!!

How is accessed? presumably from inside but does the rear seat need to come out to get at it? any hints would be most welcome

Anonymous

Anyone got any pictures or diagrams of wing fixings?

Anonymous

Do you have any pictures of your particular situation? On the rear wings, there are captive nuts welded into the body and the wings are bolted from outside. So, not sure what you mean about a bolt being lost and by seal, you mean the rubber beading between the wing and the body?

Anonymous

I have posted a couple of pictures regarding the rear wing fixing. These are from a pre-war car where there is a large hole to allow access to the suspension arm. As you may be able to see…the captive nut is within the “space” between the inner and outer sills. Post war cars do not have this access hole. I believe the only way to repair the captive nut is to cut open the sill, fix and make good!

Probably should have annotated them – bolt securing the wing is on the right side of the “hole” covered in crud.

(this is a 1939 Light 12…unrestored….!!!)

Anonymous

@L.Lewis wrote:

Do you have any pictures of your particular situation? On the rear wings, there are captive nuts welded into the body and the wings are bolted from outside. So, not sure what you mean about a bolt being lost and by seal, you mean the rubber beading between the wing and the body?

Hi there,

Sorry, yes i meant the rubber beading and if there is an internal nut welded inside the sill then that means that the head of the bolt is missing and the welded nut is no longer attached to the body. Not to worry I have found a way around the problem but thank you for the reply and for the help at least it confirms what I was looking at and how its put together.

Anonymous

Forgot to say thank you for the pictures very helpful sadly I haven’t got any to show at present

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • The forum ‘Help Wanted’ is closed to new topics and replies.