Rear wings

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Norman Anderson
    Participant

Think this may have been covered before, but can’t find anything on the forum.

Stripped the paint and grime from the old wings. They are shot. The metal resembles a tea bag, the rest is held together with crumbling body filler.

Thought Chris and TOC spares could rescue the situation, but his supplier of plastic rear wings is suffering with dementia, and no longer supplies them. Is a shame. He will still no doubt have the moulds, as I presume they were made out of fibreglass. It would be good to make him an offer for the moulds? It will be a great pity for the Traction community to lose the mouldings, as that’s were the hard work is.

Failing that, any idea where I may lay my hands on a couple of rear wings? The job is almost done apart from this.

Bernie
      Participant

Norman,

I regret the problem is larger than first thought as our “supplier” recently passed away.  I am looking into it but can offer no immediate sollution on that front.

Meanwhile, I do have one (right hand, I think) accident damaged but very solid and highly reparable rear wing from a .  If you might be interested I shall be happy to dig it out and take some pictures for you.

B….

Bernie
        Participant

Penultimate sentance should have said …

“…. from a Slough car”

B….

Patrick Russell-Jones
          Participant

Norman

The Club has some rusty old rear wings that could be restored. I used one for my recent project and it came out well after shot blasting and prepping for painting.  Might be a bit difficult to transport at the moment and you would probably want to choose your wings from those available.

Patrick

Larry Lewis
            Participant

Why not try John Gillard? He has lots of sheet metal bits.

Norman Anderson
              Participant

Thanks Larry. Just been in touch with John. He has a good selection, so it looks like we’ll be back in business!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.