RHD Paris built Roadster for Sale at Retromobile Auction

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Forum Archive Traction Owners Club Forum For Sale/Swap Shop RHD Paris built Roadster for Sale at Retromobile Auction

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

See: http://www.artcurial.com/fr/asp/fullCatalogue.asp?salelot=2651+++++131+&refno=10517430

here’s what they say:

French registration
      Chassis # 128042
      Engine # 20404095

– Coming from the family of the engineer André Lefebvre
      – Rare right hand drive
      – Charm of a perfect patina
      – No reserve

Born in 1894, André Lefebvre was the father of most of the important early Citroëns, such as Traction Avant, the Type H, the 2CV and the DS. A brilliant aeronautical engineer, he learned the essence of his art for 15 years with Gabriel Voisin, briefly passed through Renault, where the absurd hierarchy and bureaucracy did not suit him, before his career at Citroen began, lasting till 1958. An affable man, who loved pretty women, seductive and alluring, an Emeritus pilot of airplanes and automobiles, a gifted designer, he revolutionized the emerging world of the automobile industry thanks to his foresight and independence of thinking.

Purchased in 1990 at the auction of the convention center in Strasbourg, the car on sale comes from the collection of the son of André Lefebvre. Having benefited from an old restoration, this car from Switzerland was then presented in its current configuration. With the odometer showing 77,000 km at the time of purchase, the car has covered less than 3,000 km in 24 years, being used sparingly on the roads of the “côte d’azur”. The meter displays just 79,900 km at present. Regularly maintained by the garage Rialland, in Clichy, from 1990 to 1998, the car has a beautiful patina enhanced by the Robri fender cover on the flank and the aluminum “Speed” bumper.

Although it’s a RHD car, it was manufactured in Paris, by the Citroën factory as can be seen from the certificate of the manufacturer. It is powered by the last generation 11D engine from 1955, giving it more torque and power. All instrumentation, including the clock is in perfect condition. The interior is in dark red vinyl, and the comet-tail patterned inner door panels were remade identically. The hood liner’s canvas is old but still usable. Some corrosion is visible under one front fender. Nevertheless, the rest of the floors and underbody is rust free. The car drives well, and this car, a pioneer of its time, perfectly embodies the mechanical genius of André Lefebvre.

Estimate €80,000 – €100,000 (£63,000 – £78,000)

Anonymous

Interesting one Mick, but would it have been worth more with the original engine?

As an aside, have you seen the coiled fuel pipe

Any suggestions as to it’s purpose……….

Anonymous

…………

Anonymous

…………

Anonymous

…………….

Anonymous

……………

Anonymous

Maybe the coiled fuel line is to cool the petrol? That part of the engine never gets that hot so I wonder myself. It does look like a replica but a nice one. I also wonder about the circumstances of it being RHD, either as a convertible or saloon.

Anonymous

Coiled pipe,
                    I also thought that the coiled pipe was to cool fuel, but if you think about it, there is the heat shield between the fuel pump and the airflow from the radiator/engine block and the fuel has just been sucked through from the fuel tank exposed to a cool air flow under the car.

So I’m still puzzling as to what the purpose is of the coiled pipework.

Anonymous

…………….

Anonymous

…………

Anonymous

………….

Anonymous

All very strange Den as you say.

Definitely a case of ‘Buyer Beware’

Anonymous

Phew, I was going to buy it when I am up there next month…… 😆

I wish 😉

Anonymous

Well you could always have one built to order:

15/6: http://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/694697338.htm?ca=12_s
                                or
                                11B: http://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/561702883.htm?ca=12_s

Lots to choose from……..

Anonymous

Interesting – they seem to be based in Toulouse.

Might take a look, just for interests sake as I don’t have a spare €85k in my pocket just yet 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                • The forum ‘For Sale/Swap Shop’ is closed to new topics and replies.