Route des Pigeonaires

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

This was a meeting of the Traction Universelle Midi Pyrenees section. Firstly a trip to the Bourse d’ Exchange at Beauzelle near Toulouse. This is the 3 day Midi Retro show with a large indoor exhibition. A lot of nice cars on show. The TU had a stand there just opposite the monster American cars of the 50’s. It was nice seeing all the local clubs and my son joined the Toulouse Mini Club (he just sold his Mini 1000 after buying what he thought was a Mini 1000 but turned out to be a Mini Cooper)

I bought some engine paint (inside and out) and a petrol restoration kit from Restom for my 4CV but otherwise not a lot of bargains there, there was another competing Bourse just down the road.

Then we had a stopover at one of the TU members house for an evening meal and the next morning we were off on the Route des Pigeonaires. Basically 28 pigeon lofts but more like pigeon chateaux, a route of about 100 km with a picnic in the middle. Very nice and it seems if you drive a Traction you can drink 3 or 4 or 5 bottles of wine at lunchtime without any problem at all 😕 …… I stuck to the water as I still had a headache from the evening before. 🙁

The trip carried on to the Sunday but we had to leave which was a shame as the rest of the cars had a photo lined up in front of Concorde…. one of the members of the club is an Airbus Test Pilot so can get in anywhere 😉

So, what I have learnt is that;
      1. Tinnitus comes free with driving a Traction – I need to get that heat and acoustic insulation in there quickly.
      2. I must upgrade my clutch as juddering along is very inconvenient.
      3. I need to adjust my gear shifting rods – sometimes I was getting stuck between changes.

But basically all went fine and I am happy with the power and performance of the car now. Cruising along at 100 kph on the motorway but having the ability to accelerate to overtake – Petrol consumption was not too bad either at around 10 km per litre

Here is a little video – not too exciting but what else do you see out the front of a Traction 😆

Anonymous

Interesting piece, I wondered where my Tinnitus had come from!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The forum ‘Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.