Seal arrangement for shaft driving fan pulley

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Forum Archive Traction Owners Club Forum Help Wanted Seal arrangement for shaft driving fan pulley

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Larry,
      I’m interested to hear that you were able to search the pdf’s on your Mac.
      Can you search them as a group of files or individually?

Anonymous

@mpopka wrote:

I’m sure that if anyone would care to “Write it up” the Floating Power Editor would be happy to include in the “Tech Torque” section.

BTW, the latest version (4.3) of the “Tech Torque DVD” is available to download in its “BETA” form if anyone would like to give it a try.
        The files contain all of the Tech Torque articles published in “FP” from 1976 to 2014.

Thanks to Den’s time and effort the search capability has been improved and more recent files are now available.

See: http://traction-owners.co.uk/members_only/technical_articles.shtml

Folks, please note that the download is temporarily unavailable.
        After a discussion this afternoon with Den, it appears that there is a problem with the windows based search program that is not returning some files, due to file naming issues.

We (that is, Den & I) hope to have the problem resolved next week, so patience please…. now back to fan pulley seals…

Anonymous

Searching on the MAC – I opened the documents file which has all he various folders for the issues. I searched for pdf which then lists all the actual files out of the folder structure. Then I dragged all these files and dropped them into iBooks (free app for MAC). So now in iBooks, I can search, say for Torsion and it list the two articles. Maybe 12V and all the 6 to 12 volts articles comes up etc.

Does not go into the actual PDF to search but as an overview it seems to be fine. Just found a load that would have been (still are) very useful for my restoration.

Cheers
          Ian

Anonymous

Interesting!

No matter what I try in windows, it is only possible to search a single file!

Of course if anyone has any suggestions, all are welcome!

Anonymous

Here is a screenshot of iBooks – not sure of the Windows equivalent but basically a PDF viewer

So I just type in the query word int he Search box and up pops the relevant files. (Shame the Castrol article didn’t give a list of oils for the Traction….. anyone 😉 )

[attachment=0:2yfqauhx]Screen Shot 2015-02-27 at 20.31.49.jpg[/attachment:2yfqauhx]

Anonymous

Hi Mick- No, it didn’t work.

Anonymous

…………….

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
                • The forum ‘Help Wanted’ is closed to new topics and replies.