Set up 11D engine

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi
      Being relatively new to Citroen driving I am looking for some tips on tuning ( ignition timing and carb ( zenith stromberg) set up ) on an 11B Traction with the 11D engine. I have enquired locally – Victoria BC Canada – but nobody here seems to have expertise. Tempted to have a go myself – thinking timing light and maybe colortune plug. Anybody have any tips on where to look for timing marks, equipment needed and general advice? Thanks Peter.

Anonymous

Turn the engine slowly by hand until a pin of the proper size fits through the hole in the bell housing into the flywheel slot, look at the distributor rotor, it should point to the number one plug. If it does start the engine and turn the dist. until it sounds good, then tighten the dist. clamp. It works for me. The method shown in the manual requires tools that don’t exist anymore.

Anonymous

Larry
          Thanks for reply. I was getting a slight misfire so I tried the tune by hand method which did improve the starting and running. I thought it maybe had to be more complicated than that! Maybe not.
          Peter

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • The forum ‘Help Wanted’ is closed to new topics and replies.