Side window fallen

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Technical Bodywork & interior Side window fallen

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Alain Sauvage
    Participant

The side window of my 1955 11C has fallen down and out of the gutter mechanism it should sit in. The window appears to have remnants of clear hard glue along its length, I can find no rubber seal remnants. Could anyone let me know what is the best way to secure the window back in place as the parts catalogue seems to have some rubber insert or extended insert at the gutter but I dont see it as a TOC spare? I am also replacing the flexible window chanel which was too short to reach the lock tabs at the same time.

thanks

Alain

Bernie
      Participant

Alain,

The glass and rubber assembly should be gripped by the metal channel without the need for adhesive.  So, is the metal in good enough condition to do that or has it lost it’s strength  due to corrosion?

If the metal is ok, I would suggest you cut a suitable strip of material from and old inner tube rather than bedding the glass in with an adhesive and assemble glass and rubber into the channel.  Depending on the rubber thickness, you may need to “adjust” the width of the slot in the channel to achieve a secure tight fit.

If the metal is beyond resurrection I think Club Spares may have a serviceable second hand one or you could stick a further appeal on this forum.

B…….

Alain Sauvage
        Participant

The channel is in really good condition so it must have been replaced, I have plently of inner tubes from bicycles and will try that out for size.

thank you Bernie.

regards Alain

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.