Steering rack gaiter replacement

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Forum Archive Traction Owners Club Forum Help Wanted Steering rack gaiter replacement

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi folks, help please.
      The steering rack is now sitting in the workbench. It would seem to be a good idea to replace the rubber gaiters (boots?) whilst it’s out of the car.
      Only issue is I’m somewhat stumped as to how to get the old ones off and new ones on. I’ve searched the excellent articles on the TOC document search facility, but can find nothing appropriate.

The steering rack pinion etc (the bits I can see) look ok, so I don’t want to strip things down unnecessarily!

Many thanks, Norman

Anonymous

………….

Anonymous

Here you go Norman:

http://bit.ly/238OJOx

€48

or http://bit.ly/1P9ycpj

€26.77 (Not in stock)

or TOC

Club No Model Citroen Ref Description Price
          F 1b 71111L15/6 602135A Steering Gaiters leather pair £46.02

Regards
          Mick

Anonymous
            Anonymous

Thanks Den, Mick and Ian, greatly appreciate your guidance.
              Leather gaiters it is then!
              Will get some pictures up when I get a moment.
              Best, Norman

Anonymous

John Gillard told me that the rubber ones don’t last very long either. Leather is best!

Anonymous

Hi Larry, that’s good to know. I initially thought that fitting leather gaiters was a retrogressive step. I’ll now revise my thoughts!
                  John came up to Cambridge the other day to help get the old cradle off, which was brilliant. Unsurprisingly, he spoke very well of you. I’m lucky to have geniuses like Mark and John nearby, plus the excellent knowledge base which is this forum.

The 2016 Cambridge & District CAMRA beer festival is from the 23rd to the 28th May. If you happen to be on this side of the pond at the time, you will love it. Excellent, unusual craft beers plus good grub in a relaxing atmosphere……
                  Failing that, next time I’m in Toronto I’ll have to look you up.
                  Best, Norman

Anonymous

A Cambridge Camra Festival? I am a member. I was planning to go to the one at Barrow Hill on the weekend of 19-20 May as steam locomotives and beer make a fine combination! Might have to adjust my schedule to do that one too. Glad John was able to help you and I’d be glad to buy you a nice pint if you ever come over here.

Anonymous

……..and if you purchase the leather gaiters, you can only improve their longevity with Hydrophane leather dressing.

See http://www.wefi.co.uk/Brand/Hydrophane.htm

I use it on all my leather goods, shoes, gloves, jackets hats etc.,.

(No I’m not on a commission!)

Anonymous

Mick, didn’t know you were a member of the horsey set! :mrgreen:

Anonymous

I’M NOT!
                          However this is a truly marvelous product for any leather items.

Dunno if it’s available on ‘t other side of ‘t pond…

Anonymous

It might be. Horses are another world entirely. Airplanes, motorbikes and so forth are all alien. I did go yachting last summer, in that me and some friends went to another friends boat club and drank beer on the patio. One day we’ll have to go yachting in a boat. 😆

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • The forum ‘Help Wanted’ is closed to new topics and replies.