Temperature and oil pressure gauge

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Technical Other Temperature and oil pressure gauge

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dave Thornley
    Participant

Finally decided to fit temperature and oil pressure gauge to the old girl. As usual I do not want to take the easy course as in putting two gauges onto a bracket and attaching to bottom of dash. Oh no I have decided to use a single dual gauge, as fitted to some MGB GT V8s. The main attraction is that I can get one in magnolia which will blend in very nicely with the fascia.

I have attached a drawing of dash with my possible positions.

A is the easiest after removal of position swich that is defunct anyway.

B and C present problems due to associated metal work behind there hence my favouring A.

I do now want to start cutting holes for B or C and then find not suitable.

The cutout has to be 52mm

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Chris
      Participant

I’d vote for A for the same reasons you state.

But, if you don’t want to cut the dash board you could get a thing that displays on your phone.

Dave Thornley
        Participant

I will stick with the gauge as phones and me often do not get on. I think it should look nice once installed. Gauge is on order so then I have the fun of connecting it up. Oil pressure is decided but as to water temp still to decide whether to remove water pump and drill that or fit one of the inline hose gizmos from ali express.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Dave Thornley.
          Attachments:
          You must be logged in to view attached files.
          Chris
          Participant

Nice looking dial – I look forward to seeing how it all goes together.

Chris

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.