The late Alec Bilney’s Traction on Ebygum

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Forum Archive Traction Owners Club Forum For Sale/Swap Shop The late Alec Bilney’s Traction on Ebygum

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      Anonymous

£15K,it seems no one wants tractions,why have they never been valuable

Anonymous

I wonder that myself. Why is a 1938 Mercedes 170 V worth so much when it’s an antiquated piece of junk compared to a Traction? Side valve engine, tiny drum brakes, wooden framed body and a fuel tank that when it leaks, leaks onto your feet! I had one and I sure don’t want another but they go for about four to five times the money than what a Traction sells for. I can’t figure it out. But there may be an upside, the fact that we can still buy these cars for reasonable money because people might be frightened of them. Citroens? Aren’t they hard to work on, drive, get parts for? Fine, think that way. We’ll just keep them our little secret!

Anonymous

I think the car was an absolute bargain for whoever bought it.

They could double their money by shipping over to Europe and selling in Germany, Holland or Denmark – maybe even in France.

Just check out the prices for standard 6’s here

http://www.leboncoin.fr/

or here:

http://tinyurl.com/gw7kg9y

Anonymous

The bidder paid 16.8k including commission. I went to the viewing and thought it could have been better presented. The roof rack rather spoilt it being fastened on with rag or paper under the clamps. The extra row of seats just appeared to be dumped in the back and the space available for them seemed too small – perhaps the front seats were pushed back. The other thing I noticed was that the windscreen wiper arms appeared to be fashioned from wire coat hangers.

Perhaps the advertising of this car was a bit limited. I saw it in FP at 25k but only noticed it on ebay when the auctioneers had it on their books and rang me up about it. As for European advertising there’s a lot on offer and perhaps not a great appetite for buying – the pricing might be quite optimistic.

Patrick

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘For Sale/Swap Shop’ is closed to new topics and replies.