They just keep showing up, don’t they?

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Forum Archive Traction Owners Club Forum For Sale/Swap Shop They just keep showing up, don’t they?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Now this one looks nice, isn’t 23,000 Swiss Francs around 15,000 quid?

http://www.prewarcar.com/index.php?option=com_caradvert&view=ad&section_id=4&id=188551&Itemid=434

Anonymous

Daniel Eberli probably knows the car or should be able to check it out for a serious buyer…

Anonymous

It is cheap. The grille is deformed at the bottom. Has it hit something and damaged the gearbox?

Anonymous

Those look like early 1960s Volkswagen turn signals. Not the worst choice.

Anonymous

The ones on the wings Larry?

They look like the ones on my 52 Big Boot BL so Citroen ones retro fitted to a 1949 small boot car

Anonymous

yes, the ones on the front wings. They’re plated metal with an amber lens. I used to have a VW with those same lenses. My 49 BL had truck clearance lights on the wings. As built, the car didn’t have any turn signals but they were added so I imagine that is the case with this car. Not sure if it has trafficators, though. Being in Switzerland, I think it would have them in those rectangular external boxes by the windscreen but those aren’t there. You’d think there would be more than one picture in the ad.

Anonymous

………….

Anonymous

Have a look at these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volkswagen-Beetle-Classic-/141838538907?forcerrptr=true&hash=item21063c589b:g:~9cAAOSw5ZBWIWC6&item=141838538907

they’re similar to yours, Den. If you need turn signal lenses and couldn’t get original, they’ll do nicely. Later versions had an amber lens as on the 15/6. It’s too bad that the picture of the 15/6 can’t be blown up, at least I don’t know how to do it. I’ve seen these lenses used on old Mercedes quite often as correct turn signals for those are unobtanium.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • The forum ‘For Sale/Swap Shop’ is closed to new topics and replies.