TOC at the NEC

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

@norustplease wrote:

I am 6′ 5″ tall with big feet and don’t have any problems in my Light 15. Mind you I am used to driving an Austin 10 which is slightly more compact.

Height isn’t the issue for me, it’s the closeness of the pedals which I just don’t like which is why I prefer a French build, left hand drive (which was great in France going down to La Ferte Vidame and back)

Anonymous

I just heard that a split window van sold for 190,000 euros at a German auction. Crikey, as they say. On the mainstream news yet. 😯

Anonymous

@L.Lewis wrote:

I just heard that a split window van sold for 190,000 euros at a German auction. Crikey, as they say. On the mainstream news yet. 😯

That does the scene no good in my book. To a vehicle that is so popular now, and is on a lot of peoples ‘bucket list’ of vehicles they’d love to own, not just because of it’s looks but because of the lifestyle people think goes with it, it is very misleading. Projects are now nearer £10k than £5, rough runners are £15, fair buses £20, and £30K for the very nice, early ‘Barndoor’ (1950-55) models even more. Now to people who are not enthusiasts, and are looking in from outside of the scene, these fantastic auction prices that pop up every so often make them think us lucky owners are all millionaires!
          For mass produced utilitarian commercial vehicles, €190k is incredible! It’s not a rare coachbuilt sports car! I guess a case of auction fever …

Anonymous

Ive been to some high-end auctions in the States. It usually becomes a “mano-y-mano” contest. Who’s got the biggest pair? Who gets to be interviewed for television? It’s insane what some cars go for like that VW I mentioned.

Anonymous

Have any classic Citroens made that kind of money?

Anonymous
                Anonymous

There is/was a Traction coupe up for sale for far more than that DS, which I have to say looks a stunning example with the hood down…….

Anonymous

I understand that the Madame Michelin 15/6 convertible that was owned by Red Dellinger in the U.S. sold for $250,000.00. That car is now in Europe, Holland I believe.

Anonymous

Back to the original post …

A few photos from the NEC Classic Car Show >

https://www.flickr.com/photos/29051501@N08/sets/72157648935186999/with/16034341486/

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                    • The forum ‘Introduce Yourself’ is closed to new topics and replies.