Trace my 11 Familiale history. Canada

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Forum Archive Traction Owners Club Forum Help Wanted Trace my 11 Familiale history. Canada

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I am trying to find out a little about the history of my 11 Familiale. It is a 1955 Traction Avant Familiale with 11D engine. VIN is 416416. I purchased the car in 2014 from a very pleasant American of French extraction living near Chicago Illinois. He had purchased it from a widow in Connecticut in 2008. I have an original French number plate 605 DN 57 that came with the car. Although I am a member of the Traction Owners Club the car already had an existing Traction Owners Club badge attached to the front grill – indicating that a previous owner was a member. The car also has an attachment to mount a flag on the front wing – possibly a ceremonial clue? If anyone can shed some light on the car’s previous history I would be most grateful. I reside near Victoria on Vancouver Island BC Canada but am a Brit who moved out here four years ago.
      Thanks, Peter

Anonymous

Last place it was registered in France was department 57, the Moselle http://about-france.com/french-departments.htm (last 2 digits of the number plate are the Department number)

Doesn’t mean it was there originally as if it moved Departments more than once, it got a new number but at least you know where it was in France before being exported.

Anonymous

Can you tell me the coque number please Peter. You can send it to me by private message if you prefer.

Anonymous

Thanks for replies. I will attempt to attach photos showing relevant info. Are there more numbers elsewhere?
            Peter

Anonymous

This is what I think is a flag mount on the front wing?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘Help Wanted’ is closed to new topics and replies.