Tracing the history of Our Ruby

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi our car is called Our Ruby as we have become her new custodians for our Ruby wedding anniversary later this year. We brought last week she is a 1950 RHD light 15 and on the v5 it says first registered 1978. We have very little information about her other than, for the last 30 years she has been a restoration project that never got finished do to Ill health.

Is there any way of tracing her past life?
      Her reg is NKX 980. I have the info from the DVLA web site but that’s all
      Any ideas or information would be helpful

Yours Steve I

Anonymous

Have you requested an owners history from the DVLA?

You can pay a small fee (used to be £5.00) for details of all previous recorded owners. It used be a be form V888 and you have to state that it’s for personal use to create a history of the car.

I got a copy of all the V5’s with owners names etc. etc. when I applied back in 2012

Anonymous

Steve,
          Your Ruby was built around Friday 16th June 1950 (if its chassis no is 134722).
          If its engine no is AK 08430, then it is likely to be the original Perfo engine.
          It may have been owned by a Colin Moss from Luton in the early 1980s.
          It may have been painted beige ????
          Dr Yves Haft

Anonymous

@Dr Yves Haft wrote:

Steve,
            Your Ruby was built around Friday 16th June 1950 (if its chassis no is 134722).
            If its engine no is AK 08430, then it is likely to be the original Perfo engine.
            It may have been owned by a Colin Moss from Luton in the early 1980s.
            It may have been painted beige ????
            Dr Yves Haft

Definitely beige if you look here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44

Anonymous

Thank you for the info, the car was owned by Colin, he must have spent a fortune on parts. I am trying to contact him
              but I’m told he may have lost interest as, I’m told that he sold the car do to health problems. I’m contacting the DVLA and see what comes back from there. On the v5 it says first registered 1976 so I’m not sure the early history will be available.

The engine and gearbox has been changed to a ID19 the prefix is FFr can anyone help with its origins

Many thanks for your help,

Yours steve I

Anonymous

Was it exported Steve and re imported in 76 do you think?

Anonymous

It could have been ported and reimported or just stood in a garage for most of her life
                  I would love to know her story, shame there’s not a register.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.