Traction

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I received the following from Daniel Eberli:

“Time to think of next year. I have fixed the dates for the courses in 2016.

I will continue to offer a basic course in English. although I had no registrations last year, on April 22/23 2016.

As before, the basic course will more or less cover the content of my book.http://www.tractionavant.ch/Shop/RepbrochureE/RepbookE.php .
      The first day will cover theory and the second day, when the “real” practical “hands on” work on the car takes place, will make learning and remembering much easier.

In the advanced courses we shall include again, due to strong interest, the subjects “brakes” and “settings”, as in 2014.

For the brakes, it is planned to work through the steps to convert to silicone fluid, meaning that almost every part of the braking system must be modified!

“Settings” will cover the engine (valves, ignition, carburetor) and the clutch/gearbox (pedal play, gear lock and gear linkage).

These courses will be held in German, but if there is a reasonable interest, a course in English could be organized at a different date – or a course regarding any other topic, like “engine replacement” etc.

At present, only the dates are published on the CTAC website http://www.tractionavant.ch/Garagen/Daniel_Eberli/RepKurse.php, Ruedi Weber will soon be adding the registration form for the advanced course in both English and in German.

I would be grateful, if you could advise all TOC members of the dates of these forthcoming events.

If you need more information, or if you plan to put more details or a picture into the “Floating Power”, please let me know.

For members who are more or less fluent in German, there are several reports of earlier course on the CTAC-Website. By inserting the keyword (> Stichwort) “Kurs” on the archive search http://www.tractionavant.ch/db/Archiv_abfrage.php , a whole list of relevant articles will appear.

Best wishes and best regards
      Daniel

Daniel Eberli
      Im Chellhof 3
      CH-8463 Benken ZH
      Tel. +41 52 319 25 17
      eberlid@swissonline.ch

P.S. Early next year, it is planned that I deliver one of my courses to Munich, Germany for the first time.
      Perhaps in the TOC there might be enough interest for me to arrange a 2 day course in England? After all, me coming to you and delivering a course in England would be a lower cost, than a group of TOC members travelling to Switzerland…”

Bob the editor will be publishing Daniel’s email in a future edition of FP.

What do you think?
      Would you be interested in attending one of Daniel’s courses if it were to be held on the UK? (assume it will be somewhere in the South East).

Please feel free to share your thoughts with other Forum members on this subject

If you want to contact Daniel directly, his contact details are shown above.

If you do contact Daniel, please share your views in this topic on the forum.

I await your responses.

Anonymous

No.

Anonymous

I have looked at these and also bought his book (course notes) but it is all too basic.

Really need to have course to go into every detail of tuning and engine preparation- how to get the car in tip top working order. Secret hints and tips, how do do stuff without spending a fortune on expensive tools etc.

But all of this is what you join a car club for – technical meet ups and the such 😉

Anonymous

I am only aware of his book – “Citroen Traction Avant 11 & 15 CV for beginners”. But if that is the book you are referring to, I agree with you. I bought it when I was editor of Floating Power to see if it was worth a mention in the magazine. And no the cost of it was not recoverable from the club.

Anonymous

I suspect that Daniel would be willing to produce and deliver training on any aspect of the traction that would cover his costs or whatever his busines model necessitates.

So could everyone respond to the question

“What subject would result in you saying ‘That’s the course I would pay to attend’.”.

Please answer with a description of the subject & the level of competence you would hope to walk away with”

Example: Advanced tuning of the engine for performance or economy or diagnosing engine running problems”

Over to you….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘Latest News’ is closed to new topics and replies.