Traction Avant rebuild on TV

Traction Owner’s Club Forums Forum Archive Traction Owners Club Forum Latest News Traction Avant rebuild on TV

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

For anyone who is interested (!) This weeks Car SOS programme on National Geographic channel to be aired on Thursday 11th June features a Citroen Traction Avant.

Anonymous

Been there, done that, got the T Shirt as they say 🙂

I will watch it though when it comes on terrestrial TV as I don’t have Sky.

Anonymous

Me neither. It is being recorded for me.

Anonymous

I have it recorded.

I keep harping on about it but 18 months ago my wife contacted the programme to see if they would do mine, seeing as it would be the 80th anniversary and the possibility to have it presented at last years NEC Classic Car Show.

But as I do not have life threatening disease, or a terrible life story that has stopped me from working on the car for the past 40 years, it seems they passed me by. but I still think they got the idea from me 😉

Will watch it with interest but the programme is slowly going down the path of “reality” TV with too much “crap” and not enough “car”

Ian

Anonymous

I watched it earlier this week and quite frankly found it boring. Too much bull***t between the presenters, nothing really of the restoration. Don’t hold your breath waiting to view it!

Anonymous

You can watch it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV3FA71cEfs

Enjoy!

Anonymous

Thanks Mick, just watched it and they didn’t do a great deal more to that one than I did to mine (apart from the headlining)

I just took a couple of months longer…..

Anonymous

I just get a bit tired of these programmes putting more emphasis on the terminally ill “worth” people that have these cars restored.

This guy had the car bought for him by his son then stuck it in the garage and did nothing with it….. similar with a lot of these cars on the show.

“He has had it for 40 years but last year he had a stroke and now can’t finish the car”…… finish it, a bloody tree has grown through it since the last time he opened the garage.

Get some “worthy” people on the show, those that try their hardest but just could do with a little help…… not a guy who can only drive it for 3 months more before his Parkinsons take over…..

arrrrggh 🙄

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • The forum ‘Latest News’ is closed to new topics and replies.