Water in oil

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Recently I discovered water in the sump oil and first thought the head gasket had blown. When I removed the cylinder head the gasket seemed to be fine but what I did notice was that water in the block drained into the sump over a few days. Has anyone successfully cured this problem without dismantling the engine?

Anonymous

Could be that the seals at the bottom of the cylinder liners are leaking?
        Other than using a cooling system sealant like K Seal, I cannot see a way of remedying this without dismantling.

Anonymous

I’ll give K Seal or similar a try over the weekend. Fingers crossed it’ll save me a lot of hassle.

Anonymous

@davidg wrote:

I’ll give K Seal or similar a try over the weekend. Fingers crossed it’ll save me a lot of hassle.

Not a very good idea. K Seal will make it more difficult to actually fix the problem when it fails to do the job. If the liner is leaking there must be movement and it will only get worse and end up damaging the block. You may get to see this if those that be allow it to be posted.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘Help Wanted’ is closed to new topics and replies.