Weber replacement carb?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi folks, another request for info.
      The carb off my 1953 Slough Light 15 has been with Southern Carbs since June of last year awaiting overhaul.
      Just spoke to them this afternoon. Apparently, it is so badly distorted, it’s beyond economic repair.
      They tell me Weber do a good replacement that looks very similar to the original carb.
      Anybody know anything about this Weber carb?
      Many thanks, Norman

PS, that said, CAS seem to do a half decent Solex at Euro 156! http://www.cas-shop.nl/en/carburetor-solex-32-pbic.html?search=carb

Anonymous

Club stores have the same Solex carbs Norman at £121, but they are ‘copies’ as far as I am aware from all the suppliers. Be aware of CAS minimum postage charge (used to be 25 euro?)

Fransen have the same carb at £121 euro but again be aware of the difference between a Solex 32PBIC and a 34PBIC, both fit and work fine on a Perfo or 11D engine, but on the 34PBIC the idle screw is on the opposite side and a pain to adjust the mixture…..

Anonymous

Norman, You should ask John Gillard about that- Once when I was there he had a BL with a Weber. It looked like a perfect fit. I don’t recall the model number or type but he should have the info.

Anonymous

Thanks for the good advice folks, appreciate it. Ended up ordering one from CAS as I already had some stuff coming over.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘Help Wanted’ is closed to new topics and replies.