which gray?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Greetings all,
      Like many, I have now been driven back into the barn due to excessive precipitation.
      So it seems like a good time to sort out some miner problems, one of which is trying to match the Gray paint. I have looked on the web sight and it would seem there is 3 Gray colours in use.
      I know it is possible by now that mine is no longer a Citroen colour but I am going to assume it is for the moment. To me it is battle ship Gray with stone chips. I wish to touch up the chips.
      Does anyone have any idea what Gray it is or should be? It is a 52 light 15 grey body black wings.
      Thanks……..Peter

Anonymous

I went to get some grey paint today for my ’55. But my auto parts shop cannot do the “very old” paint mixes anymore. I was after AC131 Gris Bruyère but luckily I used the modern equivalent on the respray of my Renault 4L. So I have half a tub I am going to use as a test sample.

Here is a link to the paint codes and years but not sure it will be the same for Slough built cars.

http://www.cats-citroen.net/citroen_tractionavant/ta_colors.html

Anonymous

Peter, can you post a picture of your car please.

Anonymous

……….

Anonymous

Hi Den
              Thanks for the offer. I will double check locally and if nothing will take you up on the offer.

I just sprayed my engine bay with the equivalent colour so hoping it looks good with a few more coats.

Ian

Anonymous

………..

Anonymous

………….

Anonymous

Thank you Den. I am sure I know the man I need.
                    ……….Peter

Anonymous

Hello Den,
                      Having seen the pics, could you tell me what gray it should be. I might get it repainted next spring and it would be a good time to get the colour right.
                      Thanks………..Peter

Anonymous

…………

Anonymous

…………..

Anonymous

………..

Anonymous

………..

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • The forum ‘Help Wanted’ is closed to new topics and replies.